Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 AM

Default Electric Start EC300

Anyone heard any updates on the EC300 electric start? Noticed one dealer had them advertised on his website saying they were coming in December??

Will we be able to retrofit the older bikes or do I have to start being extra nice to the lovely wife?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 AM

Just in case.....always be nice to the wife, then WHEN you need it, you have some credit built up :-)
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 12-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I too am interested in the electric start. My tune has changed.
I was once pretty against the idea for my bike. But with all the course work and set up Ive been doing this last year. It sure would be nice. Really, it has nothing to do with getting older.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I too am interested in the electric start. My tune has changed.
I was once pretty against the idea for my bike. But with all the course work and set up Ive been doing this last year. It sure would be nice. Really, it has nothing to do with getting older.

Roscoe
Sissy.

I'm a believer too, after watching my brother in law save it over and over again because of the electric starter. Whodathunk?
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM

latest I've heard is they are supposed to be released in spain in jan so don't think the rest of the world will see it before feb-march? once you have a e-start on any bike I think it would be hard to go back, I've had 3 gasgas's and then a spell on a wr250 but I'll be back when the 2010 300 gets here and can't wait!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Anyone heard any updates on the EC300 electric start? Noticed one dealer had them advertised on his website saying they were coming in December??

Will we be able to retrofit the older bikes or do I have to start being extra nice to the lovely wife?
Best get rid of her just encase.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Hi JD,
I have just ordered a 2010 EC 300 here in NZ.Won't be here until Feb.I was going to get the cross country model,but if I wait another month get the button.I,m not getting any younger!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
Sissy.

I'm a believer too, after watching my brother in law save it over and over again because of the electric starter. Whodathunk?
I'd rather be a sissy than a Beaver!

No really, I think as far as helping to get out of tough spots like mountain single track where foot placement while kick starting, on steep inclines, and when your racing and tired and stall cause the going is tough, a quick push of the button and away you go is a huge advantage.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
No really, I think as far as helping to get out of tough spots like mountain single track where foot placement while kick starting, on steep inclines, and when your racing and tired and stall cause the going is tough, a quick push of the button and away you go is a huge advantage.

Roscoe
That's pretty much what I miss, having had e-start previously, & perhaps I'm ageing a little.
Anything that helps me keep riding longer is a good thing in my view.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Hi JD,
I have just ordered a 2010 EC 300 here in NZ.Won't be here until Feb.I was going to get the cross country model,but if I wait another month get the button.I,m not getting any younger!
Cheers for the info gg3. I'll be seeing a dealer hopefully tomorrow. Will see what they can offer.