Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
At home so I'll have to send tonight. I'll send you the part number and I think the size is on it too. Don't remember if it's an "A" or "B".
Thanks man.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

hey must put my hand up the specs were from the 06 manual, assumed they would be the same. If you are replating just send them the piston & they will match it perfectly.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
hey must put my hand up the specs were from the 06 manual, assumed they would be the same. If you are replating just send them the piston & they will match it perfectly.
Thanks and I thought as much.....Now i just need to know if the 01 and 02 share the same piston design.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:29 PM

I asked the boys over @ GoFasters about the piston compatibility between years and this is their reply: Yes, same piston from 1996 to current
Old 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM

bob,

Its the same piston. Just look on your cyl for the letter code, and order one up. If your an "A" cyl just get a "B" piston. If your plating is in good shape you will be fine. You will never be able to measure the cylinder to .01mm accurately without some very expensive calibrated tools and technique. It will be fine, been doing it this way for years now.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
bob,

Its the same piston. Just look on your cyl for the letter code, and order one up. If your an "A" cyl just get a "B" piston. If your plating is in good shape you will be fine. You will never be able to measure the cylinder to .01mm accurately without some very expensive calibrated tools and technique. It will be fine, been doing it this way for years now.
The Techs. here have the tools. I'm sure the cylinder's fine. They're tough as hell.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 PM

vertex number is 22292A. The GasGas "A" piston is 66.33mm. I think the size increases .01 for each letter designation (B,C,D)
When I did my bike the cylinder is stamped "A" and I put in a "B" piston. The part number I gave is for an "A" that we put in my kids bike (we had it replated by Millenium because of damage)

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 03-03-2012, 05:34 PM

I have a 86-96 honda cr250 prox size b piston (the wiseco for that bike works too) in my 03 gasgas 250 the honda piston will work but its .01 or so of a mm bigger, I forget the exact amount a quick look at an online catalog will tell you its exact size, you will have to check your clearances to run this piston.
I needed a replate, the extra .01mm or so wasnt an issue for me so I went with the cheap super easy to get (im in canada I get screwed getting parts out of the us) honda piston. The honda piston looks a little different it has a small notch cut out of it on the bottom of the intake skirt but this has no effect on anything.
I dug through a lot of old threads on here last year to find out that piston works, years ago when it was harder to get gasgas pistons this was common.