Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 PM

Default not much else to do.

I've run out of ways to make this little 200 go.

The head and cylinder were ported and machined by eric gorr strictly for LOW END after squish measurements were taken with test solders. 36mm carb in place of 38mm oe unit for low end. v force reeds were put in place of the gg stamped units.

Chasing a strong bog off the bottom, the result was a mean mid range punch that was too hard to control in the middle of hillclimbs.

jetting was the best yet with ddk/3rd, 42, 172, #6 slide. I just recently put in a 40/170 and waiting to ride. the 36 needs leaner settings than the 38mm did.

i just recently tried a g2 throttle cam. The 400 cam made the bike turn into a much more fun trail machine!!! Up until this point I did not really like the gasser to be honest! But, I have not ridden my ktm or my yz since then! which says alot because I get bored riding one bike all the time... you could say this bike has been a challenge. I think I must be picky as the trails are demanding.

I decided to get a Cannon silencer afterall. shortys always kick arse here in the short ultra tight trails we have. Next will be retarding the timing in hopes of putting the throttle cam back on the yz.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

No offence to you or Eric Gorr Shaheeb, but getting that port work done right off the bat kind of makes your bike a bit of an odd ball now. No one really knows what Eric has done with it to boost the bottom end, and by all acccounts of your experience it hasn't achieved what you were looking for.

I know EG is well renouned, but it still doesn't mean he gets things 100% right all the time. Especially with a bike he hasn't had that much exposure to.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 PM

I suppose all I can do now is ask him. dont know what else to say...would trying a new cylinder be a good idea then?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Arnt fmf gnarlys supose to boost bottom end..
Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

No harm in asking questions. I can't remember how you timed the ports on the cyl either. How many base gaskets etc. You could ask him what he recommends or simply let him know that you'd like a bit more bottom still and what the options are from here.

For a 200 chasing bottom-mid performance I'd have stuck with the stock jug. Blue printed cyl and matched the ports, set the piston a mm or two above the exhaust port using the gasket stack, have the compression raised slightly and squish corrected. Jet to suit. If after that you still wanted more bottom then I'd be looking at a 250/300.

You could also try an FMF Gnarly as suggested. They are stated to boost bottom end.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM

There is a horror story about EG work for every good one. Take your pick. I don't understand why you jumped the gun so fast having your cyl. hacked before learning the motor and trying some more conservative mods. When set up right, it should run like a softer 250, kind of like you would expect to to run.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
There is a horror story about EG work for every good one.
+1 - not a chance i would send anything to him, unless it was something he did every day...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com