Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Mini Gasser 's Corner

Mini Gasser 's Corner GasGas Mini Bike Forum. EC Boy Heaven.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:36 PM

My son has this bike in the trials model I love it he is only five and I can't believe how he can climb with it love the two speed. both have the same motor trans. I have not had any problems.
good luck with it

Old 08-11-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robicon View Post
My son has this bike in the trials model I love it he is only five and I can't believe how he can climb with it love the two speed. both have the same motor trans. I have not had any problems.
good luck with it
hows the power? I haven't had time to prep this bike yet, so haven't started it.
Hows the clutch? Will it burn up if an adult rides it like the KTM?
know where I can get a spark arrestor?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 PM

not sure about the spark arrestor but I would start with your dealer, I bought the bike used and chase has been on it for two years with no problems, I have not touched the clutch only had adults on it on flat ground. I have not yet had chase using to hand clutch I hope to later this year or next.
It has really nice smooth power I would like to find ec50 for his track/trial bike. I would choose the gasser over ktm so when do you want to sell it
Old 11-26-2013, 02:37 PM

how is the 50 working for you?
Old 11-26-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
how is the 50 working for you?
It's not YET!

We decided to wait till xmas to give it to him
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM

sorry I thought gasgas 50 had the same engine as the trials two speed it is only a single speed. I am looking at the same bike. you have the mc not the ec with means it is liquid cool and has smaller wheels. My son wants a motocross bike now and really wants a ktm, but I think I will just buy him a gasgas. I would love to hear more about the bike when it is up and running.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
sorry I thought gasgas 50 had the same engine as the trials two speed it is only a single speed. I am looking at the same bike. you have the mc not the ec with means it is liquid cool and has smaller wheels. My son wants a motocross bike now and really wants a ktm, but I think I will just buy him a gasgas. I would love to hear more about the bike when it is up and running.
AFAIK this IS the same as the trials 50cc bike.
Mine has both ec50 boy and mc stickers, but it is not an MC.
12" rear wheel, 14" front. Water cooled with single radiator.
High/low button on left side where a shifter would be.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:31 PM

Well son got to ride the gasser for the first time today. Started boiling in about 5 mins. Coolant level was full, but maybe I should have changed it?. Haven't torn into it yet.

I lowered the rear shock to the lowest setting and removed the spacers in the forks and replaced them with 1.5" long pieces of 3/4" pvc. Lowered it a good 2"(now kickstand doesn't work, gonna cut it down).

So anyone got any tips for overheating problems with these?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverhybrids View Post
Well son got to ride the gasser for the first time today. Started boiling in about 5 mins. Coolant level was full, but maybe I should have changed it?. Haven't torn into it yet.

I lowered the rear shock to the lowest setting and removed the spacers in the forks and replaced them with 1.5" long pieces of 3/4" pvc. Lowered it a good 2"(now kickstand doesn't work, gonna cut it down).

So anyone got any tips for overheating problems with these?
Man that sucks.....
Just it's big brothers check the water pump impeller, water hoses, water passages and head o rings.
Do you have circulation of water within the radiator.
What about the radiator cap? Pressure test?

Good luck
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 12-27-2013, 10:18 PM

that seems weird chase's bike has a fan but it has not worked since i have had it. it is the switch and i was going to change, but i have never had a problem with over heating. there must be something plugging the system. if not ship it up here i would love to have that bike. the mx liquid cooled engine with the ec bigger wheels seems like the perfect bike.