Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Another Power Valve question

I hope this isn't a re-post as theres a lot on the forum about the PV but I couldn't find anything on this (so maybe it's a dumb question) I took off the PV cover to clean it out as suggested on another thread to improve the off idle response, inside the cover there was a lot of soft carbon build up & it was almost wet feeling which seemed strange to me, is that normal? The bike was running great but the last ride it seemed to have lost some top end & off idle response but I was at an MX track & I'm mostly out in the woods. I'm also going to re-pack the spark aresster & see what happens. It's an 06 EC250
Thanks

Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 PM

pretty sure thats normal to be wet,its just spooge,it does have a vent on the left side and as long as the oil is not trapped in there and overflowing when you pulled the cover off,you should be fine with that
Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 PM

Link,
Did you take the cover off on the left side? The left side cover is where the majority of the "oil" seems to build up. I have noticed the right side cover (linkage side) tends to be more cardon like. I use some carb cleaner and clean out the chamber area. You can also then check the condition of the bearing. Everytime I remove the left side cover I get some form of oil out of it, so it seems normal to me.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 01-03-2008, 09:34 PM

Yeah, I removed the left side. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 AM

Yes it gets really gooey in there - normal. I mean a coating of goo not enough to gum things up or affect the volume of the chamber.
Probably worth opening the other side, carefully removing the actuator arm and checking the PV moves easily. Remember to stuff a bit of rag in the hole down to the crankcase or the little bolt you have to remove on the PV will drop straight down there! Also do not be surprised if you snap the pivot the nut attaches to off the PV actuator arm. They are often on too tight. If you do, it's easy to replace and cheap. Use a new nyloc nut and you shouldn't have to over-tighten it.