Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:58 AM

Default Anyone in mid to southern Spain?

With a few friends we are hoing to watch the Africa Race but could do with some help/advice to leave a car and trailer in southern spain before crossing over to Morocco, if anyone can help out or offer advice that's great.

'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)

Old 11-17-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_upright View Post
With a few friends we are hoing to watch the Africa Race but could do with some help/advice to leave a car and trailer in southern spain before crossing over to Morocco, if anyone can help out or offer advice that's great.
Try looking in TBM magazine. There's a few riding holiday companies based around there. Could be an idea to contact them. Some of the companies are run by UK expats so you can still watch the soccer and drink warm beer

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 11-27-2009, 03:38 AM

Not tried trail riding companies yet - I'm guessing they would want ££££ to park a car??

Any other ideas - I've tried campsites and have one reply at 100 euros which seems a bit steep to me.
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)
Old 11-27-2009, 04:30 PM

I'm spanish from Barcelona and I can help you if you need translation or so.

I go once or twice a year to Morocco, but I ride my bike all the way down or I take a Ferry from Barcelona to Tanger, but some friends of mine go with the car and trailer and they allways cross the border with the car and then they find some place in a Hotel or so to park both the car and trailer, Morocco is a truly safe place. If you want a kind of western assitance and parking you may contact contact Assitance Secours Rapide in Morocco

http://asra.assistance.ifrance.com/topic/index.html

They have safe places to keep your car and belongings, contact them before and close a deal.

I do have some friends in Ceuta (Spanish city on the African side)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceuta
I can contact them if you want to go the Ceuti way adn keep the car on the spanish side of Africa. Honestly border crossing at Nador or Tanger is a lot faster -they are really slow, but Ceuta is pathetic-

If you want to find a parking in south spain for the car and trailer, find a "Parking de Caravanas y remolques" at the city of your choice, it is safe and a lot cheaper than Campings or so. A search for them at google.es will help you.

Last may with my DRZ helping some guys on the Rift mountains

and others guys helping me

have fun,

j.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_upright View Post
Any other ideas - I've tried campsites and have one reply at 100 euros which seems a bit steep to me.
Might as well stay in a hotel or pension for that.

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 11-28-2009, 06:03 AM

Default ADV rider

Go to advrider.com, I am sure someone there could help and maybe even let you park. They do that stuff all the time on there.