Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

That's valuable information. Thanks very much.

Ugggghhhh, to have to redesign, retool, and retest for a patent infringement sucks. The patent must be pretty strong or else GG could have paid a license fee to use it. That license fee must have been pretty substantial to justify the effort to rework the entire design.

I hope GG can weather the upcoming (present?) financial storm in Europe.

These are interesting times.

blitz

Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
gg3

Have you got any more info on the e-start 300 ?

Is e-start going to be available in all 2 stroke models ?

Very tempting...

Actually I would take one now, but I'm off to do a preride of Baja 1000 in March, so better hold off till I get back. Just in case I end up owning the Honda 450 rental bike, ouch.
Should have had the new 300 this week but the container arrived with no e-start models!The factory is a month behind in manufacture so I will see it about end of April.It comes as a full road reg. model & they take all the emission crap off,adjust the power valve & rejet it back to factory settings.I have put my 2002 300 up for sale,don't really want to sell it but have to make room in the garage.Good luck on the Baja.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:27 AM

there was a 2010 sixdays 300 on display at the second round of the national enduro series. it looks even better in real life than in the pictures....
Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 PM

Interesting,I have even had die hard CRF riders comment on how trick they look.Do you think GasGas can turn alot of sales in NZ?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Its hard to say, but given the fact that the bikes have arrived so late into the year, most people who were going to buy a new bike, already have, as all the other brands had there 2010 bikes out before the end of last year.
But with the win at the isde people should be starting to take notice, im sure we have people going over the same problem in other countries aswell as her in NZ.
I was riding on the same minute as the gasgas NZ general manager on saturday, he was the one who brought the sixdays bike to display, he seems to be very optimistic about the brand only getting bigger. I believe they have a new importer in NZ now, Selero holdings, and they should be able to supply much better parts backup than Triumph, the old importer.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Hi Noobie
I"m also in NZ (Auckland). Who have you been getting parts from? I have found XXX where I got the bike from pretty hopeless so far - couldn't even get a front sprocket. I have given up up and now get stuff on line from AUS or US. A new importer may help, but what dealerships are they working through?