Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Default 03 EC200 clutch stuck after long sit

I've been riding my new Husky trying to break it in and get the jetting perfect so I had been letting my Gasser sit in the lonely corner of my garage for about 2 months. I have been getting the 200 set up for my son and only lack a FFW and a new tire but no hurry because he had been too busy with basketball to ride. However yesterday he wanted to start it so his friends could hear it run. I put a new plug in it and immediately noticed that the clutch would not release. The lever had the same positive feel but it was as if the friction and steel plates were stuck together. We tried to bump start it with the lever pulled in to break loose the clutch and it would slide the tire or turn the engine over but would not break the clutch loose. I put it in neutral and got it running then put it in gear (with a clunk) and took off down the street and it freed up. It has always been a little grabby when not warmed up but the trans oil always looks and smells good when I change it. I'm thinking when I look into it I will probably find a notched basket and maybe some worn or warped plates. If anyone has any experience with this problem or can think of something else to look for let me know and I'll be on the lookout when I tear it down.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:47 AM

It's nothing to worry about. All my European trials bikes were that way and both my GG are also after sitting extended periods. Not sure why the jap bikes I have owned never did it.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Normal, and will happen to most biles. Mine sat for over a year while I was injured. Same thing. I bump started it, then pulled and worked the clutch while it warmed up. No problems.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the good news, now I can go back to using my next money for tires on the gasser and LTR re-valve for the Husky. I've got a FWW for the 200 on the way.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
Thanks for the good news, now I can go back to using my next money for tires on the gasser and LTR re-valve for the Husky. I've got a FWW for the 200 on the way.
Not till you send me your address
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro