Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:20 PM

Default Anyone use Hookit?

Do any of you guys use Hookit to get sponsorships? I just started using it this year and got some pretty good deals. 45% of all O'Neal products, 35% off Leatt Braces, and several others. If you do use it I have afew questions on how to get verfified results posted.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:03 PM

I tried it out years ago. I don't race so....
Site was kinda klunky didn't seem like you can get much sponsorship or deals unless you were pretty high up in your AMA district class.

Cool that you are find it useful to support yourself in the sport!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Do any of you guys use Hookit to get sponsorships? I just started using it this year and got some pretty good deals. 45% of all O'Neal products, 35% off Leatt Braces, and several others. If you do use it I have afew questions on how to get verfified results posted.
Yes, I do use Hookit! To answer your question, District 36 Spring and fall 2014 CC results were sent to Hookit, which I received a copy of that email.

Racing is expensive no matter how you look at it, enduro, motocross or cross country, it all adds up. I happen to race District 36 cross county and OTHG Over The Hill Gang motocross which is the largest VET motocross organization in the country. Hookit helps getting you exposed to sponsors via your profile and results. Social medial plays a huge roll as well, FB, Instagram and Twitter. Pictures, video's along with checking in at a race or session all help.

Those that support me are, One Industries, Race 100%, Twin Air, Matrix Concepts, Rock Oil USA and Viruslt.

When I checked my Hookit profile the results were verified.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 03-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes. Been saving money on some things (Leatt, JT). Others you can actually find on the web cheaper.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwdc View Post
Yes. Been saving money on some things (Leatt, JT). Others you can actually find on the web cheaper.
No doubt one can find bargains on closeout gear from the various big box online spuerstores. One Industries sponsorship also provides discounts from 661, Tag and Sunline at the 50% off i get for my riding gear, it not a bad deal. Matrix Concepts also provides discounts on 1.7 cleaning supplies and Next products. Next has some really cool handgaurds, non wrap around style.

If your a weekend warrior and could use a price break, it's worth the time to set up an account. Post your results, apply for support and see what happens.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes, I use it too.
I cannot really add any more than what has already been said other than you local Cycle Gear can set you up with a "racer account" and you can get some decent discounts in store. Every dollar counts!