Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:37 PM

Default New to Gas Gas

Hi all

After over 22 years I've gone and got myself a replacement for my PE 250 which was stolen, EC 250 Six Day Edition 2008 or that's what it was sold to me as, how can I tell if it is a Six Day Edition? All sticker have been removed due to peeling.
You could write all I know about Enduro bikes now on a posted stamp, am beginning to realises how much this sport is going to cost me, wish I found this forum before buying.

Anyway I have 3 lose spokes on the back wheel which won't tighten up, is it ok to just replace with new ones and tighten up myself?

Old 01-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Site Sponsor

If you have a couple vise grips with good teeth on them, a propane torch, a good spoke wrench that fits the nipple nice and tight and some liquid wrench you can usually get the nipples to break free. I use 2 vise grips because one usually just slips on the spoke and tears it up.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:30 AM

Thank for the advice, however I've tried WD 40 over night and some vice grips but the buggers won't move just tearing the spokes so I have ordered new ones.