Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Get on the Gas!!

got back on my 300 for the first race since march(acl replacement)been out on a few easy trail runs last week,so I figured why not test it. Didnt preenter and got on a late row with two other A riders, I had a pretty good day going keeping pace with both until the 60 mile mark and hit the wall, the last 30 miles really had me hanging on for dear life, my bike ran perfect, the trails around here are littered with rocks and tight trails, my bike didnt miss a beat, found myself putting up hills guys were slipping and sliding all over ,even hit the dry button on a few straight aways, the bike completely amazes me at how easy you can motor up ANY hill without a run at them,finished 5th A-vet dropping 40 minutes 3rd finished in dropping 36 minutes,I didnt do too bad with the lay-off,looking forward to riding more events later on this year. and Jake korn did it again on his GasGas 300 taking the over all dropping just 13 minutes, incredible rider and only 18

Old 09-26-2006, 05:47 PM

I'm still trying to get mine sorted in the handling/suspension dept. Also noticed it chugs really well!! I thought Jake ran a 250??
Old 09-26-2006, 06:31 PM

nope he did,now he runs the red plastic on his 300,you didnt hear it from me< but I heard the 250 didnt have enough go for him and the 300 was faster, he should be looking at (gasp!) KTM if he wants something very high strung, kid could do well on a full out MXer with very few woods mods for sure
Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 PM

Good come-back ride. Glad to hear you're back in form and that the bike works for you. The reasons you stated are the same things I like about the 300. It'll take you into hyperspace when you're fresh and drag your lazy butt to the finish when your not.
You'll be chasing Jake before you know it. Best of luck.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:16 PM

kevin,

Glad your doing well. My brother had his done a year ago and he is just now at the point of complete recovery, flexibility, and less swelling after riding.

I wrecked my right knee 4 times before there were MRIs, arthroscopic surgery, and CTi braces. An expert MXer I used to work out with in the early '80s that had a knee that looked like a melon with a zipper on it told me "whatever you do, do not have surgery". Things have sure changed. For now I get by with exercise, a CTi, and eating Glucosimine/Chondroitin like candy.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:16 AM

my CTI is in I just have to pay for it I have very little swelling at all after racing,and I do have full flexiblility, I did play alot of hockey and my legs were in great shape before,so it didnt take much to get them back to normal if you want to call it that
Old 09-27-2006, 06:32 AM

From what I hear it also depends a lot on how close the length of the tendon used for replacement is (I assume you got the tendon graft, not the cadaver part). If its close but just a hair short, it takes longer to regain full flexibility.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Fury,
Congratulations on your recovery and your earned results in your first race back. Way to go!

Jim
Old 09-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Glad to hear you up and running Kevin.