Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 02-11-2018, 09:42 AM

Default Hard Question for the experts on this forum

I have a set of 45mm 'Zokes on my EC 300. A couple of weeks ago, the right side fork (brake side) started to weep oil from the junction between the slider and the fork foot (the axle clamp). There is an o-ring at this junction point that has failed and I need to replace it. Unfortunately, the factory service manual for the forks doesn't even acknowledge that the fork foot is removable from the slider. nor does it identify the o-ring in the cross-section schematic in the manual.

Have tried guessing at the thickness of the o-ring, but all I have as a reference is the old, compressed o-ring. Anyone else ever have this issue? Any suggestions on where (other than the Marzocchi factory service manual) I can get reliable specs for the o-ring? Or better yet, a correct replacement part?

Thanks for the help!

Old 02-11-2018, 02:16 PM

I suppose you could get the thickness by measuring the thickness in the compressed direction then remeasure at a right angle direction then average the two results. For the outside diameter you can cut the o-ring measure it's length which will also be the circumference. With the circumference known you can find the diameter using this formula d=c/3.1416(pi)
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

if it gets compressed i would imagine that what gasser has recommended will be good enough. i stand to be corrected but i believe it will need to be viton or nitrile since it will be in contact with oil (correction stems from the fact that i am not sure if synthetic fork oil is considered a petroleum product?)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:06 PM

long shot look on italian husqvarna manuals they used 45s for years , .