Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksi View Post
Motogroove & Neil E:

How would i test it for continuity? Do i really need to do that?

Recon ill just add a ring connector, and fix it to a bolt on the chassis for now.
?
Actually, testing for continuity might mislead you if your mysterious end is the place that's supposed to ground everything. But it sounds like one of the black ones in picture 2 is grounded, and that they are all connected. So, visual inspection should probably tell you enough.

As far as testing for continuity, I wanted to do that for certain components and locations when I powdercoated my frame, so I could be sure the grounds that look good are actually good.
I used an ohm meter, looking for zero resistance. i.e. touch the two probes on the meter to each other and the meter goes to zero. That's what you want to see between the ground tested item and some other good known ground. No change at all in the meter means no connection. Something in between means a bad connection .

Old 08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Unless you are preparing for maximum output for lights use, you can leave the yellow as it is and the white disconnected. Std lightning application does not require full output from coil.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 PM

Thanks guys.

Ill continue with the std lighting set-up (yellow wire) for now.

Just slightly confused with what was said over the black wire, its grounded further up (as i stated earlier), does this mean i can just tape the end up and leave it, or should i ground it as well to be sure?