Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Clay, do you know why they do models with different suspension packages?
I never have really asked that question of the factory but I believe Steve was correct. Another reason may be the use of the bikes. Since those models in Europe with Sachs are street legal it isn't as critical that they get the higher end stuff. This year the factory is going to call the Race models XCs rather than ECs. They are making more of a distinction between the models.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Has anyone noticed there's no power valve chamber anymore?

Kick stand is tucked in really well.
there's one in this pic...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 09-17-2011, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
there's one in this pic...

This ones running the old jug with the original power valveo!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
On the picture is the statement "Weight reduced to more than 2kg" Of course it weighs more than 4.4 pounds - every motorcycle that you can ride weighs more than that. Doesn't anyone proof read anymore? I'm assuming it should have been "by more than 4.4 pounds"
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Motomerlin has a few pics, including a closeup on air filter cartridge. It sure looks like a K&N filter. I was under the impression that K&N's were not optimal for dirt bikes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/motomer...CEnduro250300#
Old 09-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I really hope there is a foam filter and the gauze K&N type is a temp for the photo shoot. Gauze is a real bad idea. Even on my Hyper, the inside of the airbox on the CLEAN side of the K&N had a coating of dust, and that was a street bike. Hold a K&N up to the light and you see why. I added stacks that came with larger K&N pod filters, but I also added custom foam slip over foam pre filters that I treated with No-Toil. On four strokes, (road bikes, cars) a used oil analysis from Blackstone Labs almost always shows elevated levels of Silicon.

Please tell me it isn't so.
I like the little pull out handle on it. They are claiming better air filtration, less dirt pass through.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:50 PM

From the location of the filter down low, it initially appears that the clean air side is on the bottom. This is likely not the case. I would hope, and suspect that there is some internal baffling involved, and the dirty side is on the bottom. This would also make the design easier to understand from a water intrusion perspective. This is one of the first things I would like to see some detailed pics of when they show up.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Default GasGas 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
come on Clay... I threw you a bone,hows about a ride on one of those new (to me) 2011 300's you"ll have around at the upland national??? Just missed out on it last year as I had to wait on my son to get oughta school. Wish I could've afforded the rekluse this season cause those guys were very cool-if Only would of could of got there earlier...
Should we play hookey this year?
I'll second Motorhead on this. I ride with him and would love to see about the new GasGas 300's. I'm the odd man out in our crew riding a YZ250. Motorhead is on the newest gasgas in our group. I'd like to compare my wooded out 05 yz250 to the new GG300's to see if it would be worth selling my bike and spending 4-5 grand more to get one. With today's times and depreciation of a dirt bike a test ride would help make that decision a lot easier. KTM's are out.. I don't want to be orange like 90% of the guys out there..

Thanks...
Old 09-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrider97 View Post
I'll second Motorhead on this. I ride with him and would love to see about the new GasGas 300's. I'm the odd man out in our crew riding a YZ250. Motorhead is on the newest gasgas in our group. I'd like to compare my wooded out 05 yz250 to the new GG300's to see if it would be worth selling my bike and spending 4-5 grand more to get one. With today's times and depreciation of a dirt bike a test ride would help make that decision a lot easier. KTM's are out.. I don't want to be orange like 90% of the guys out there..

Thanks...
With your view of KTM then the GasGas 300 is right up your alley. Definitely do yourself a favor and take a test ride.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Sorry for the late replies. I'm in New England and have been doing a lot of driving and very little computer replies. Rode the Mudslinger Enduro on Saturday. Kevin Novello at Trail Rider says it's supposed to be the toughest enduro in the east. He could be right!
John O1: YES we feel good about 2012!
Flat 4: It's been fun getting the word out and the guys on this site have been a huge help.
Troy: No news on a 150 and I'm a little worried about bringing the 125s again. Sales on the 11's have been slow. We will get a 200.
GMP and others concerned about the filter: The one Rod and I were shown at the factory was foam. Look like they may have changed to another design. Remember this is not a conventional airbox. It is a cleaner box than conventional boxes. They have been using this design on the Randonne for several months now and I trust them to do this correctly. I will ask Txomin about the changes and how it works. Maybe I can get pics of a disassembled airbox.
Maybe Troy and I will have to be happy with '11 125 leftovers....
Closed Thread