Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Default What springs transfer?

Does anyone know what springs are transferable with the Marzocchi 45mm forks and the Ohlins rear shock found on the 2011's. I've heard that Yamaha springs are transferable? Is this true?

I find these forks to be terrible in stock form. I know its been said over and over on this site but they really need improvement. I traded bikes yesterday with a friend and his 11 KTM 300XC and wow, what a difference. Both bike have stock suspension and the KTM was so much smoother and controlled to ride. I'm almost ashamed to admit I didn't want to trade back. The GG transmits every bump and root ride through the forks and into the handlebars of the rider. I'm 210lbs in street clothes, a A level rider, so I know that I need heavier springs, but keep in mind the KTM was stock as well. Clickers seem to do nothing.

Good thing I can do a lot of suspension work for the difference in price between the two bikes.