Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 08-10-2007, 09:03 PM

Default fork tube play

how much freeplay if any should there be between the inner fork tube and out tube?? When rolling the bike on the drive way when i hit the front brake I got a "shimmy" effect I thought maybe the steering stem bearings needed attention. It turns out that if you grab the bottom fork tubes down where the axle is and hold it just right you can shake the inner fork tube inside the outer fork tube. There is/was enough freeplay to make me thing my bearings needed attention. To local gas gas racers said it was a normal upside down fork thing.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:18 PM

I am by no means an expert, I tend to be better at wearing parts out than replacing them. Having said that, I notice some "slop" in my Ohlins If it is up on the stand and I pull the front wheel foer and aft.

Paul B
Old 09-14-2007, 05:47 AM

Normal. There has to be some clearance so the tubes can flex without binding. The Zokes may have a hair more than others, I noticed this when first servicing Husky forks. Not a bad thing. Pull your forks apart and if the bushings have shiny spots worn through the teflon replace them.