Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Default LEOR Enduro, Crab Orchard, IL 07/29/12

Is anyone else going? My wife and I are planning on camping out Saturday night, and I'll be racing on Sunday.

The weather channel is calling for a cool 94 degree high temp. Much better than 104 degrees!

Last year they had an 11 mile loop that we did 4 times with short resets between each loop. It was a fun course. They only had around 50 riders last year and I don't expect any more than that this year either, but its only a guess. At least that will keep the dust down.

The only downside to the race was the scoring was very slow. Hopefully, they'll have it figured out this year, but I'm expecting to have to wait. It's not quite as frustrating if you expect it in advance.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM

Here's a video from last year that shows the terrain pretty well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q65pk...eature=related

There are a lot of low lying areas in this place; I think it was part of a strip mine at one time. During the spring, like my last visit a few years ago, much of what's in the video is unrideable. It will be plenty dry for the enduro.

Last edited by Dave; 07-23-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 AM

I ride there all the time. More than likely Don Rye will lay the course out. It will be tight in most sections for sure. He's a good ole "old school" enduro guy. I remeber one year that the MSXC guys made him take out 2 miles of his track and re route it because they deemed it was too tough.

It will be a good track you can bet. Should be a great time. Be prepared for tight single track. He always seems to find some in that park.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyo View Post
I ride there all the time. More than likely Don Rye will lay the course out. It will be tight in most sections for sure. He's a good ole "old school" enduro guy. I remeber one year that the MSXC guys made him take out 2 miles of his track and re route it because they deemed it was too tough.

It will be a good track you can bet. Should be a great time. Be prepared for tight single track. He always seems to find some in that park.
That's what I like about it. Will you be there?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:56 PM

Theres a grand prix in southern indiana sunday too which may hurt attendance. Im heading to PA for the national enduro otherwise id like to have come.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 AM

I'm gonna try my best to go to it. I've been hurt and am not fully recovered but I think I can still at least ride it. I hate to miss one when it is so close to home.

Yeah, they are a little slow in the results but they are still doing it the old fashion way without transponders. I doubt I'll need to hang around as I probably wouldn't be in the running anyway.

Andy, good luck on the NATRA race in PA. I'm hoping to make the final race. I wanted to do the one in MO. in Sept. but I didn't know when the online entries opened up and have probably waited way to long to get in now.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 AM

johnnyo,

Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be driving a red 03 extended cab GMC with a 15' toy hauler.

Preregistration for MO is still open.

http://www.moto-tally.com/NEPG/PreEntry.aspx
Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 PM

It keeps getting better! They've already got a half inch of rain today and it's supposed to rain throughout the evening. That should kill most of the dust and make for some sweet riding. High of 90d for Sunday.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 PM

Yeah its raining now down there. The main trails will probably be dusty from the Saturday riders births majority of the track will be good. I am going to be there. will look for ya.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:57 PM

I mean Saturday riders BUT THE majority........ stupid Itap