Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM

Default Quarry Run D/S - 8/9&10

Anyone going to the Quarry Run this coming weekend?

Rode this event in '03 (wet & muddy) and again in '05 (dry & dusty). Hoping conditions are somewhere in the middle. Probably one of the best d/s rides I've ever attended. My only complaint is the riders who don't understand that yelling "trail" means "you're going to get passed, don't act like a jerk."

Planning to head down Friday afternoon with a buddy. Look for a pop-up camper with a blue Gasser (no graphics) and a Husky in a Tundra.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:57 AM

Have fun up there!! I'll be working the signup table at my clubs HS,, just a couple hrs south,, in exotic catawissa pa..
Old 08-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I was thinking of doing the Quarry Run and bringin the family. Didn't work out this year.

O/T, Steve does your club do a turkey run down there? That would be a good opportinitu to visit some family. I may be going to Catawissa for Thanksgiving this year.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM

Quarry Run is not to be missed if at all possible. I love that terrain dispite getting bit there. To bad I'm out this year. Surgery next Tues. Maybe I'll ride up to Hancock on the Hyper, some great roads up there too.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Quarry Run is not to be missed if at all possible. I love that terrain dispite getting bit there. To bad I'm out this year. Surgery next Tues. Maybe I'll ride up to Hancock on the Hyper, some great roads up there too.
Good luck with the surgery!!!

I just got my first up close look at your Hyper Motard this past weekend at an Italian car/bike show at the Lars Anderson Museum in Brookline MA. What a cool bike that is...Trouble with a capital "T" if I owned it. But Ohhhhh the Lamborghini cars. How about a $370,000 Merchilago? Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Sadly I will miss the Quarry Run again this year and do a local ride instead to save $$$. It's agreat ride for sure.

Skidad
Old 08-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Skidad, going to Noble Woods? That's a great ride too.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Skidad, going to Noble Woods? That's a great ride too.
Yeah, I'm gonna try to make the Turkey Run on Sunday. The enduro on Sat. is out because I pick up my kids from camp. Hopefully I get up there for Sunday. It is a really good ride.

You going?

Skidad
Old 08-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Rode the Noble Woods Enduro in '06. Great terrain, hardly any rocks to speak of. Didn't seem like I was in New England. Had a great time despite the brand-x brain-phart check-burn by three minutes, nearly castrating myself in a crash and getting lost in the last section.

Hard to choose between the two. Four-plus hours of toll roads vs. less than two hours and no toll roads for me. I'm also not chasing enduro points this year. I can handle two days of casual trail riding, but a day of busting my hump followed by a day of casual trail riding might do me in. However I think the deciding factor was the post-Sunday ride chicken bbq dinner.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:59 PM

Skidad, no I'm heading out to go camping with my family until Monday.

I think the enduro is AMA rules this year.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:08 PM

Gotta love that garbage can chicken!

Hancock is the only place I thought my 250 could use more snot. The hills are epic! Great people up there too, so good to see locals support an event.

Skidad,

Thanks, plate is comming out Tues. If all is well and no complications maybe I'll get some fall riding in. The breaks should be healed now its just a matter of screw holes filling in. Clavicle is not that big of a bone so 4mm holes are relatively large. The Hyper is way cool if your street bound though. I've got a trimmable open loop race ECU comming I won on ebay to defeat the emmissions crap and let that baby have the fuel it needs.