Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Jim,
Congrats on the 250, I have had very good luck with my 300. If you have any machinists friends maybe they could whip you up a custom set of mounts or a shark fin like these I have drawings if you are interested.
100_2721.jpg100_2702.jpg

Custom billet bits

Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM

The original Smackover is back......great to hear from you! Hope all is well with the family and congrads on the new steed!

Now let's see some pictures!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 PM

Congrats Jim on the upgrade, it's a shame it had to come that way, I hope the theives are caught.

The 11 is a great machine and and a big step forward to the 06 model you loved so, I owned one also and loved it.

I'm running for radiator protection-Rad frames by Scorpion Racing. Now the company is called Emperor racing they are based in Canada and make great protection equipment. Shark fin - running the Enduro Engineering. Good product.

I have not had water pump issues, I did change out impeller to an aluminum unit as I always have on all my Gas Gas'.

The only complaint I have had about this 300 is for some reason the power valve rattle is quite loud on mine. I've checked and adjusted, still loud. None of my other 300's were ever this loud. But I'll live with it cause the bike as whole is a winner. It works everywhere.

Have fun!

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Congrats Jim on the upgrade, it's a shame it had to come that way, I hope the theives are caught.

The 11 is a great machine and and a big step forward to the 06 model you loved so, I owned one also and loved it.

I'm running for radiator protection-Rad frames by Scorpion Racing. Now the company is called Emperor racing they are based in Canada and make great protection equipment. Shark fin - running the Enduro Engineering. Good product.

I have not had water pump issues, I did change out impeller to an aluminum unit as I always have on all my Gas Gas'.

The only complaint I have had about this 300 is for some reason the power valve rattle is quite loud on mine. I've checked and adjusted, still loud. None of my other 300's were ever this loud. But I'll live with it cause the bike as whole is a winner. It works everywhere.

Have fun!

Roscoe
Thanks man! (And also to all the rest of my friends here who have seen this and responded.)

Regarding the rattling powervalve:
As we would set up new bikes at the shop, we noticed that, every once in a while, a new bike would arrive at the shop (in the crate from the distributor) which was missing the little spacer behind the powervalve bracket (to which the rod coming up from the governor is attached.)
This little washer is supposed to be located immediately behind the bracket. Without it, the pv shaft can shift back and forth about an 1/8". And it is noisy as hell. I always keep at least one in stock, because the used ones that I see are often missing them.

I'll check out the suggestions. Normally, in the past, I would use the EE or MSR universal shark fin, and if I broke the mounting tabs off the underside of the swingarm, I would install one such as is in your photo.

The only photos that I have so far are of it on the lift stand, with the front end dismantled, while I'm having my suspension personalized. The seat is off, waiting on my tall Guts foam and seat cover.
I'm going to run the Hyde skid plate/pipe guard and am going to try the swingarm guard.

I'm going to sign off now. The KTM carried me just fine the last two day of trail work in the mountains, but the rocks, 90F temps, and the work itself, has worn me out.

Ya'll take care, and Good Riding!
Jim
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 AM

90?? wow! its been back and forth 50-60's here and a few days ago we had ,,, snow squalls.. well it is may.. just not right tho for NEpa! local farmers are all freaked out.. had a bad frost two days may have taken out the fruit tree crops.. what a spring..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 05-19-2013, 08:36 AM

Welcome back Jim, been awhile for sure. I just got my 1st Gasser this year and all I can say is wow! After many years on orange, this is the best out of the box bike i ever had.
03 H-D Nightrain
www.newoodsriders.com
You Can't Out Run Death Forever
But You Can Make the BASTARD Work For It!
Enjoy Life, Have Fun and Play Hard
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
90?? wow! its been back and forth 50-60's here and a few days ago we had ,,, snow squalls.. well it is may.. just not right tho for NEpa! local farmers are all freaked out.. had a bad frost two days may have taken out the fruit tree crops.. what a spring..
It never even snowed here this last winter. Other than rain storms, it was very mild, even for Lower Arkansas. (It did snow 100 mies north, at my favorite riding area.)
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 05-23-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cook View Post
Thanks man! (And also to all the rest of my friends here who have seen this and responded.)

Regarding the rattling powervalve:
As we would set up new bikes at the shop, we noticed that, every once in a while, a new bike would arrive at the shop (in the crate from the distributor) which was missing the little spacer behind the powervalve bracket (to which the rod coming up from the governor is attached.)
This little washer is supposed to be located immediately behind the bracket. Without it, the pv shaft can shift back and forth about an 1/8". And it is noisy as hell. I always keep at least one in stock, because the used ones that I see are often missing them.

I'll check out the suggestions. Normally, in the past, I would use the EE or MSR universal shark fin, and if I broke the mounting tabs off the underside of the swingarm, I would install one such as is in your photo.

The only photos that I have so far are of it on the lift stand, with the front end dismantled, while I'm having my suspension personalized. The seat is off, waiting on my tall Guts foam and seat cover.
I'm going to run the Hyde skid plate/pipe guard and am going to try the swingarm guard.

I'm going to sign off now. The KTM carried me just fine the last two day of trail work in the mountains, but the rocks, 90F temps, and the work itself, has worn me out.

Ya'll take care, and Good Riding!
Jim
Ok, Thanks for the tip! I'll check into it!

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!