Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 PM

Default Is there a definitive crossover list?

I've seen the one that very generically says, "Use KX seat foam," which I find somewhat useless as it neither identifies the year KX or the year GG.

I would think, as a GG owner of '99 and '00 models, that locating parts is one of the major issues with owning a Gas Gas. My '99 seat is destroyed, and the '00 doesn't fit. I should be able to go to Gas Gas' website and see . . . "for '99 to '04 get a '97 to '02 KX250 foam and cover and you'll be able to fudge it."

Given how much it costs to make parts and new castings, and that Gas Gas doesn't exactly have the production run of a Honda, I would think that most these parts would come from other sources, not be specific to Gas Gas.

I want a new bike, and at 51 years old it may well be my last, but given the lack of support for older stuff I'm really having second thoughts. I'm not even upset that I would have to cut, chop, modify, scrounge to keep my '99 and '00 running, but I would really appreciate it if Gas Gas made it a priority to support us older Gassers, even if only with information.