Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 08-07-2008, 02:47 PM

I might change this up as I want to ride my mtn bike the 3miles to PT.. trying to get the ok from the DR. this week,, that will give me more time there to do other stuff..

Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I just turned 41 and am on a program called "Body for Life." Been on it since January of '08. It is a six day a week workout program, along with an eating program. The eating is amazing, I get to eat six times a day! The workouts are alternating aerobic and weights day by day, and the weights cover the whole body. I have modified it a little bit, since I ride my bicycle to work every day, and now have mixed the weights to focus and lift every day as well. It works for me, and I save hundreds of dollars per month on not buying gas. I have lost half of my body fat! I started at a reasonably lean, and supposedly healthy 14%, and dropped to 5.4% body fat. When I was racing nationals a decade or so ago, I weighed 145 lbs, now I'm 155, and a whole lot stronger. I wished I had this program then.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Default Aerobics

Hi, I just turned 51 and am still having a blast riding my EC 200 here in WV. I've been riding since 1969 and have figured out I have zero natural ability, but I love to ride the woods! I lift weights. Tues - squats, leg curl, leg extension. Wed. bench press, butterfly, biceps. Thurs. shoulder flys or presses, shouldeer shrugs. Fri. back, rows, pull downs etc., triceps. I do these early AM before work, this all helps, but I saw biggest improvement when I bought a road racing bicycle - huge difference in stamina. The deal is cooling, the road bike gives me plenty of cooling airflow at 10 to 20 mph, and hills realy build strength. The airflow lets your body work harder without overheating, that's the difference. Only caveat, if you haven't ridden, takes about 2 weeks to break your butt in to the racing saddle, after 2 weeks, no more pain. The evening rides greatly help me to de-stress from work as well. By the bye, I ride a Specialized Roubaix. Best of luck, and at 51 years old, I am still doing pretty darn good, if that helps.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Site Sponsor

After getting my heart fixed in Nov, I have been able to do stuff that I haven't been able to do for years! My routine right now is to run 3.5 miles on Fri and Sun , Tues is "boot camp" for 1.5 hours at the gym I belong to, Wed is indoor soccer for 1.5 hours. I have also ran a couple of running events, a 5k on New Years Eve (34mins)and a 10k on March 15 (66mins). I pulled my left calf last week at soccer so I have toned it down for the last week. I hope to be in great shape so I ran race some CC's and HS's this season.
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 03-28-2009, 11:23 AM

I just bought a Waterrower and now I realize just how out of shape I am.