Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john r b View Post
Motion Pro #10-3000 . This is a good cable, captive at both ends, however i have experienced water seeping into the top of the carb. I could never get a proper seal. Went back to stock.
Interesting John,

I've always used the motion pro cables too, for reasons listed above. On my last bike I did notice a bit of sediment inside the slide which would indicate that some water had made entry.

I recall having similar issues with a stock cable and a Lectron; to a greater extent.

I might have a good look at the motion pro on installation on the new bike.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1 View Post
What was happening with your throttle cable?

It was my own stupidly. The jacket was pulled away and bound up by the throttle. When I was accessing the bottom of the carb I rotated it towards the right side of the bike and put tention on the cable. This was before I realized I need to take the cable out before trying to rotate it that way. I put the jacket back correctly into the throttle and opened it a few times and it?s back to normal.
At least that?s what I think happened.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah. As above, if you grab the throttle and give it a pull it'll pull the end out of the throttle housing and subsequently pull the slide up.

Not so much fun if your bum bag/tool roll/fanny pack is forward facing and snags up on the cable. Bike takes off forward, body gets yanked back pulling the cable more, making it even more difficult to get back forwards to recover. Keep fingers on the clutch; and even better to wire tie the cable ends or use a captive cable.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:54 AM

Thanks for your answer,

I'm french, and my english level is not very good, and the google technical translation was not very good either!

but I think I understand what you explained. I will look at the insertion of the cable in the handle.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1 View Post
Thanks for your answer,

I'm french, and my english level is not very good, and the google technical translation was not very good either!

but I think I understand what you explained. I will look at the insertion of the cable in the handle.

Yes the insertion of the cable in the handle was the problem.