Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2018, 09:46 PM

Default Need help. Where to start

Had the carb apart for the first time today to see what wa in there.
N1EF on leanest clip.
170 main
42 pilot

Looking at my plug and amount of Spooge I am running rich. After 8 hours of a good mix of all throttle positions I pulled the plug and it was just a little rich, not too excessive and some small Spooge dripping.

Put an RK Tek head on, didn?t change jetting at all, gapped brand new plug to 0.018 and went for a 20 minute ride. There was the most Spooge I?ve ever seen. Not just a trail dripping but also looking at the pipe straight on was just a giant black circle all the way around the hole. I pulled the plug but the whole thing was still silver with just a drop of oil on the tip.

The bike won?t start cold without the choke
Doesn?t seem to be hanging idle (from the other thread I posted)

Riding in 3rd with the throttle barely cracked it sputters and cracks a bit and seems to try to chug along but it stays going. It doesn?t try to bog at all but it definitely doesn?t have that smooth electric feel. And this is barely cracked like just enough to make a difference past idle. Any more open and it smooths out.

Same throttle position in 3rd. And then opening the throttle wide it hesitated just barely and then gets on the pipe. I can?t get the front wheel off the ground when trying this.

I?m riding between 3-5,000 feet

I have an N3CH, NECJ and NEDW needles on the way.

Not sure where exactly to start first...main? Pilot? Needle? And what increments should I be going when changing jet sizes?
Not sure why so much Spooge with the RK Tek head and same jetting?

Thanks!