Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 06-03-2010, 09:17 AM

Default My other old junk

I've been lurking on the forum for a while, not posting much as I am a Gas Gas noob. I picked up a 2002 EC400FSE this spring, which has been seeing split riding time between my KLX650R and KX500 offroad. I've got a collection of 26 toys (bikes, trikes, snowmobiles, etc), so while I am just becoming familiar with Gasgas, I am not new to the hobby.

I'll start with the Gas Gas

Here's the Gas Gas and KX sitting together.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:18 AM

The KX was a low hour 1998 that I stripped to bare frame and bare cases this winter, and built from ground up. I did a handful of hop-ups too. I only have about 2hrs time on it this year, since I was saving it for a couple car shows. I am ready to beat on it now though.

From last fall, before rebuild.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 AM

My KLX650R has pretty much been my old trusty bike that I ride when everything else is broken, or the bike my dad rides when he comes with me. Its a tad heavy, but oh so reliable, and makes good power.

And the old ATC350X is always fun for playing around on. Most people find them a little sketchy, but I really like the handling of a three wheeler.

I also have a few street and vintage stuff.

This is my 69 BSA Shooting Star 441. It's been very reliable, and I even got a ride in on this in February this year.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM

nice beezer!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM

This is a 1970's (unknown exact year) Can-am 250 that was used for drag racing when built in the 70's. It runs strong, but is mostly just to look at. I've never raced it.

This is my rarest bike. 1994 Triumph Super III. Engine was built by Cosworth, and made about 30hp over the base Daytona 900.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:44 AM

The bike I ride most on the street is my Buell Cyclone 1200. Handles and has that low end grunt like a dirtbike.

And since you mentioned the beezer, I'll post my other two, but they aren't nearly as reliable. They still need some work to get up to snuff. I seem to end up pushing these ones home. Good looking and run well, until the Lucas electrics catch up though.

1967 BSA Victor Roadster

1965 BSA C15 Star
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

nice pixs.. thanks for sharing.. i will own a 500 2 smoke someday... that kx is nice....
how do you like the fse gg ?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM

The FSE is definately the best handling bike in the woods that I own. Suspension is great for the woods and steers nice. I don't like jumping it. The starting on it seems pretty finicky when cold. It seems to want to crank a lot to get started right off the bat. Once it has been running, it starts great. As far as can tell, the kickstarter is impossible. No matter if hot or cold, I cannot start it with the kicker. I also haven't yet got the rear brake figured out as it has a bunch of mix matched parts. It sounds like Gasgas (member's name) on this site is willing to sell me the parts I need though. The engine is fantastic. It runs so smoothly at all rpms, lugs nice and has a nice top end hit too. Everything feels slow after riding a modded kx500, but its fun. Functionally I like the EFI, but it does concern me with heading too far offroad. To be honest, I wish it just had a flatslide carb... or better yet, an EC300 2 stroke. I really miss how easy it is to work on the KX500 when I start working on this bike. I can have the cases split on my KX in 3 hrs, and I am lucky to get the wiring disconnected to pull the subframe on this bike in that time. I'm not crazy about the shrouds just attaching to the tank with screws either. The KX has brass inserts in the tank that seems way less likely to pull out than the screws on the GG shrouds. And the last complaint is the plastics seem to be covered in clearcoat. Not sure if this is original, or the previous owner wanted to shine it up. The first time I hit the pressure washer, half of it peeled off. Hopefully next time I wash it the rest peels.

Basically, I am not crazy about the complexity, but it is a joy to ride.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

thats a deep collection, nice
Old 06-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Site Sponsor

if by any chance you ever wanna sell that can-am, let me know....

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com