Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Speedy.
When you get back from the ISDE, why not auction off the plastic off your bike?
Leave 'em dirty and scratched up.

I have first bids on one of the radiator shrouds.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Speedy.
When you get back from the ISDE, why not auction off the plastic off your bike?
Leave 'em dirty and scratched up.

I have first bids on one of the radiator shrouds.
Dang "G" I did not think you have ridden that thing enough to tear anything up being as how you have been on that other new "Blue Bomb" of yours.

You have to ride it to hurt it!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Blue bomb?? Did you get a Yamaha for a spare?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

No,no, the plastic is not for my bike.
It's to hang in the garage as mementos.

As far as that "Blue Bomb". I've fallen on that bike more times in the past two months, than I've fallen in my entire life.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 PM

Girard, what did you get??

Funny, I'm seriously thinking of selling my Harley and getting a second off road bike. Tired of being harassed by rich town cops with nothing to do but collect $$ in bogus speed traps, and minivan moms whos kids snack is more important than my life.

Maybe a 125 or 250F, something light that I can ride the snot out of and not get punnished. If GG had a 250F it would be a no brainer. Wonder how many '07 GG125s made it here and what the parts stock is like?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Girard, what did you get??

I picked up a cherry 2005 WR250f. Came with the dual sport kit already on it , super motard wheels, and the stock wheel set.

I got this bike for setting up enduros. Works great for mileaging and hanging arrows, pick up the speed a bit and you're on the ground quick.

I'm having all kinds of jetting and clutch issues.
I know one thing, four strokes ain't for me.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 PM

I have a friend with an '03 and an '07. '07 is worlds better in weight, suspension, handling. No GG but a fun bike in its own way, works good in the greasy technical woods. They seem to be very reliable for the woods racers vs the MXers. Clutch is said to be a weak spot, needs more oil flow. Best to avoid using it if possible. My 5 yr old is showing an interest in riding and starting PeeWee harescrambles soon. He does very well on a PW50 on smooth terrain, actually very fast on a grass track. I'm coaching him on some slightly rougher stufff near my house and a quiet e-start bike with a kickstand might be nice. Never a 4-stroke for an only bike though and never a 450, been there done that.

Sorry for getting so off topic.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:55 PM

Don't know if I'll be auctioning off the plastic - I may keep it as a momento. I'll have to see once I get back. Thanks again for all the support guys. I really appreciate it. The GasGas community is unbelievable! If any of you are ever in my area, let me know and I'll take you riding....and probably try to sell you more shirts! Thanks again everyone,

Steve
Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
Don't know if I'll be auctioning off the plastic - I may keep it as a momento. I'll have to see once I get back. Thanks again for all the support guys. I really appreciate it. The GasGas community is unbelievable! If any of you are ever in my area, let me know and I'll take you riding....and probably try to sell you more shirts! Thanks again everyone,

Steve
how about if you could just scrape a little dirt off of the underside of the fender and put it in a small bottle...I would be interested in that...and if you could pick up a rock from the starting line or something and paint little eyes and a mouth on it then I could have a small ISDE pet...that would be great.