Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The software has a metering mode, where you can see all sensor readouts, as well as throttle opening angle(as measured by the TPS sensor), rpm, and temps. Verify those temp readouts to actual surronding environment. Water temp sensor is located on the left rear of the cylinder head, close to the intake.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
The software has a metering mode, where you can see all sensor readouts, as well as throttle opening angle(as measured by the TPS sensor), rpm, and temps. Verify those temp readouts to actual surronding environment. Water temp sensor is located on the left rear of the cylinder head, close to the intake.
Berg,

Where is this metering mode your talking about, where I can see all the sensor readouts? I can go to the Gauge menu and see the throttle opening angle degrees and rpms, etc. but not the sensors? Where exactly is the air temperature sensor? When I take my gas tank off, I can see where the gas line goes in and some other sensor to the intake. Is that the water or air sensor?

Thanks again,

Crankin04
Old 06-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Should be Gauges, doesnt it look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gauge Meters.JPG (49.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
Should be Gauges, doesnt it look like this?
Okay I see the Air Temp. Hopefully I can find the sensor physically on the bike and clean it too.

Thanks

Crankin04
Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin04 View Post
Okay I see the Air Temp. Hopefully I can find the sensor physically on the bike and clean it too.

Thanks

Crankin04
i have on 08 thats having the same issues, runs fine once its started but can at times take 4 to 7 starts to get going then the next time it starts first thing, it also back fires though the airfilter and out the exhuast when its trying to start, once its goin no backfires.

My gut feel is its the valves, my clearances are fine but i am about ready to take to the shop for a leak down test, if the vaves are seating correctly there should not be any backfiring through the airfilter, mine is this means the inlet valves are not correctly seated and allowing the back firing to take place while trying to start, i will post up the results in a week after i get the bike back.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
i have on 08 thats having the same issues, runs fine once its started but can at times take 4 to 7 starts to get going then the next time it starts first thing, it also back fires though the airfilter and out the exhuast when its trying to start, once its goin no backfires.

My gut feel is its the valves, my clearances are fine but i am about ready to take to the shop for a leak down test, if the vaves are seating correctly there should not be any backfiring through the airfilter, mine is this means the inlet valves are not correctly seated and allowing the back firing to take place while trying to start, i will post up the results in a week after i get the bike back.
Yeah let me know how that goes. My bike doesn't seem to be backfiring much anymore and actually starting really well, just not as good when it's been running for awhile and engine hot. I still need to do a TPS Reset, and if anybody knows how to do that, let me know!

Thanks again,

Crankin04
Old 07-02-2010, 01:16 AM

its not the valves, i have a blown head gasket, last ride i found milky oil in the airbox and engine, not real good the head gasket was replaced under warranty with the 09 version lasted 9000kms not even 2 years.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:12 AM

Hi gents ,
I know this thread was a long while ago ! But do you still have the 450FSE?!