Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2020, 03:55 AM

Default Something I haven't read about yet. Clutch issues...

Of course I have read about clutch issues, especially about dragging issues and after one of my Gassers did it so vigorously that I had to sell it I thought I am done with all thousand things I tried.

But, after reading in a British forum that someone altered his clutch master cylinder and was able to increase bore size I have an idea I'd like to try. Especially because my low hour 2019 EC 300 started to get the dragging issue when engine is hot. First appeared after about 20 hours and when ambient temps were in the 90's.

My system is perfectly bled, I change gear oil exactly every 20 hours or earlier using Bel Ray Gearsaver 80 as this reduced clutch squeal quite a bit.

However, all the ideas of longer clutch rod and washers underneath the throwout bearing etc. can not work as a longer rod or a thicker washer will not alter the lift on the pressure plate.

But a bigger master cylinder, pushing the slaves piston further out would. Hence I am interested if there is a bigger Magura master than the standard one (9.5 mm diameter). Maybe one from a different brand like KTM or Sherco. While I know the diameter of the GG master I have no clue what bigger diameters would be available from Magura. Convert to a brake oil based system is possible too but I do not know if there is a different slave that would fit...

I'd appreciate your thoughts...