Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:16 PM

Default 2011 300 six days

I'm new to this forum. Glad to be a member here.
I just wanted to throw a couple of words out there about my first impressions of the 2011 300 six days.
I'm a recreational bush rider in western Canada. Just got new bike last week.
Mods done
1- shin killing kickstand auto retract
2- flimsy chain guard delete (kept getting in the way with kickstand)
3- electric start (was very involved says dealer)
4- bark busters
5- removal of turn/horn signals
6- slice off rear plate holder (along line below tailight
7- fork skin seal savers
8- carbon pipe guard
Couple of rides so far. Breaking in with rich settings. Bike feels very nimble and the light weight is very noticeable compared to my klx450.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I misread it first as you thought it was as nimble as your klx..

Where are the pictures?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Congrats and welcome to the club. Lots of great members with tons of knowledge here to help you out if you need it. Enjoy.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 AM

Thanks. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge from all around the globe on this forum.
I know I will have a ton of questions and I look forward to responses.
The 300 handles excellent.
The klx450 handles well but you can sure feel the weight in the tight trails. I like the low end torque of the klx. Not sure of the comparison in the power department yet. Will post once I get the GG jetted and tuned for our altitude in the mountains.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:18 PM

Default setup Q's

Hi everybody! I'm new too. Picked up a 2011 Six Days 300 yesterday so I'm here to try to know what YOU know.ha
I too, am coming off a big 4stroke(FE570), so I will be looking for every mod possible to make the bike faster. I was dissapointed to find out Rekluse doesn't make a Pro autoclutch for this bike. Anyone have any luck with an EFM autoclutch or something close that I can machine to fit?
Also I guess after I do the suspension revavle, I will get a smaller silencer and send the head and carb off to get modded. Any advice on initial setup for HS and enduros would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aytheist1 View Post
Hi everybody! I'm new too. Picked up a 2011 Six Days 300 yesterday so I'm here to try to know what YOU know.ha
I too, am coming off a big 4stroke(FE570), so I will be looking for every mod possible to make the bike faster. I was dissapointed to find out Rekluse doesn't make a Pro autoclutch for this bike. Anyone have any luck with an EFM autoclutch or something close that I can machine to fit?
Also I guess after I do the suspension revavle, I will get a smaller silencer and send the head and carb off to get modded. Any advice on initial setup for HS and enduros would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Rekluse makes the Core EXP for the Gas Gas.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 PM

Had another good ride today. I am liking the handling characteristics of this bike. Spent some time adjusting fork rebound and dampening to work for me. What I discovered today is that I am riding way faster through all types of terrain than what I was previously on the Kawi 450. This is before it is even jetted properly. Not too impressed with the tires (Metz. 6 days extream) they don't seam to grip sidehills or the edge of hard surface ruts.
Any suggestions for tires? (off road only)
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aytheist1 View Post
I too, am coming off a big 4stroke(FE570), so I will be looking for every mod possible to make the bike faster.
Turn the right handle a little bit further

Welcome aboard - you've come to the right place!

The guys here will be very willing to help, but you can assist the process by telling us what type of terrain and altitude you're riding in, and an honest assessment of your riding ability and mass (in stones, kilos, or pounds).
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 08-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platoon View Post
Had another good ride today. I am liking the handling characteristics of this bike. Spent some time adjusting fork rebound and dampening to work for me. What I discovered today is that I am riding way faster through all types of terrain than what I was previously on the Kawi 450. This is before it is even jetted properly. Not too impressed with the tires (Metz. 6 days extream) they don't seam to grip sidehills or the edge of hard surface ruts.
Any suggestions for tires? (off road only)
I will have a needle for you soon that will fix up you jetting. Maybe this week. Call me at Seitzco on Sat.
Claude
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 08-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Thanks Claude. It was great meeting you today. Your experience is an asset to Seitzco.