Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Great pics. Your runner her without a pipe guard????

07 TXT 280
77 TY175

Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
Great pics. Your runner her without a pipe guard????
I had the exact same thought.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 AM

well i see why your having so much trouble getting it to be more trials like!!!!!!! YA FERGOT TO TAKE YER SEAT OFF!!!! just kiddin, but sweet pics!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Fit a P3 carbon fiber exhaust guard (if your event is more than 2 months away ;-) and a trials bike fan if you planning an extreme event you want the engine to run properly the whole time although waiting for a bike to stop boiling is a good way to disguise exhaustion
Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 AM

I never have crashed a chamber too bad, and I have a few spares, but I thought of welding on another mount on the left side of the chamber/frame to stop it wrapping around the frame from crashing.

Taking the rear fender brace out was good as I can step off the back of the bike easily like a trials bike, but the back of the seat/frame is harsh if I don't step off far enough!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Just a quick update.

I am running a 12/52 gearing combo now. Forks are pushed through the clamps until they almost touch the bars. Bars are rolled back and make a difference as well.

With plenty of dragging the rear brake I can ride a complete circle on full lock. Trying to enter a trials event as they are talking about running a trail bike class in it. But I wouldn't just mind trying to ride C-grade against the trials bikes and see how far off the field I am.

Might shorten the chain a link too next. Power valve cover will go on today and still need to make a flywheel weight (mine is not like the early US bikes that can bolt on the flywheel.).
Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I guess it could be fun, depending on how tight a turning circle you will need. My TLR250 twinshock would turn at near 90 degrees on full lock, and the trials sections I was riding at the time (classic / twinshock) often required full lock turns....

Nah, actually I'll rephrase that. It won't be fun. Going that slow is not fun.Yawn. It may be age appropriate, and it may be nice to return to the car for a cup of tea and a scone between each round, and it may be amusing to see grumpy old coots wearing berets on their bald heads drop their shiny BSA Bantams in the creek, but it ain't fun. In fact, looking back, the biggest regret I have about all the time I spent doing trials is the fact that I could have been having 10 times more fun on a decent bike fanging around like an out-of-control dickhead teenager (much like I do now - long may it last!)
Old 08-04-2011, 09:31 PM

ouch thats harsh!!! ... I have a beta 200 .... if it was the only bike I had I wouldn't be too bummed out ..... all that time on that trials bike made you a much better trail rider ....
Old 08-05-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
the biggest regret I have about all the time I spent doing trials is the fact that I could have been having 10 times more fun on a decent bike fanging around like an out-of-control dickhead teenager (much like I do now - long may it last!)
Don't worry I still fall into the out-of-control dickhead category too. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bak0p...eature=related

Last edited by Keg; 08-25-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keg View Post
Don't worry I still fall into the out-of-control dickhead category too. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bak0p...eature=related
god that was funny, i was there and watch the crowd get roosted. hahahaha