Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Default 2010 300 Silencer options FMF/DEP/Leo Vince ???

Hi, After bending the link pipe and re-welding, rubbing the inside on the tyre and almost gone through and now the inner baffle has broken away internally. So my stock silencer has just about had it! Will fix as a spare but I'm looking at my options to replace it other than standard.
My riding is mainly hard/extreme enduros, so performance wise I'm looking for the smoothest power, not worried about top end, just low down grunt. I realise it will only be marginal regarding different silencers.
Initially I'm thinking about FMF Stealth as they now come as standard, although my friend has the same bike but 6 days model so has the FMF Turbine Core 2. That has always sounded and run sweet. So firstly what is the difference in the 2 FMF's?
Have also seen the Leo Vince one, looks good, and the DEP, which is cheap.
Any help greatly appreciate before I blow the cash!

Old 08-08-2013, 04:42 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Of your options I have only ridden with an fmf qstealth but felt more and smoother low down power with a canon racecraft silencer and a power valve expansion kit from Elvis 74 and people will think you have a Rekluse
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 PM

I really like my LeoVince on my 2012 300R.
IMO - The bike has come alive.
Plus it is nice and small as a 2T muffler should be
Old 08-09-2013, 02:34 PM

Cheers lads! The Cannon looks nice but can't find it available in the UK? I have a contact at GG UK who's going to get me a Q Stealth at the right money.
Leads me to think about the front pipe as well. Mine is well battered and already repaired once. I presume this will have more effect on the power characteristics than the end can. So which pipe is best for me?...
Old 08-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

you can't go wrong w/ the stock pipe replacement.best of luck.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM

I know the stock one does the job, but I just can't stand the banana look
Old 08-11-2013, 02:25 PM

Comparing the Leo Vince X3 to the Q Stealth, the Leo Vince allows my 300 to rev out quite nicely. Where I was normally short shifting to grunt along the trails and avoid excessive vibrations, yesterday I was able to keep it in the lower gear and simply twist more to catch up. I can't say it made it "come alive," but it simply revs out comfortably without any drama or excess vibrations. Packing condition in either silencers is unknown. Also, the Stealth is a spooge trap but the Leo exhibits little to no evidence of spooge. It's a straight through design that requires a spark arrestor screen (of which I don't have, shamefully) but isn't any louder. Power valve seems to clatter more, a bit obnoxiously in fact. Weight is fairly comparable, I might have a chance to weigh them in the near future.

Bike- 2011 300, stock expansion chamber
Jetting- 6.5 notched slide
NOZG on second from top
162 main
35 pilot
AS at 1.5
Old 08-11-2013, 02:57 PM

Great feedback.
Ok when I said "come alive" I meant very well balanced power. Bike does not hesitate at all and the power to me seems for equal from low to mid which is where I ride.
As for spooge - I had some after 45+ miles yesterday. But to me that is fine as I know the motor is getting a good lube. As Jacobi would say just give it's bottom a little wipe and you are good to go!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Great feedback.
Ok when I said "come alive" I meant very well balanced power. Bike does not hesitate at all and the power to me seems for equal from low to mid which is where I ride.
As for spooge - I had some after 45+ miles yesterday. But to me that is fine as I know the motor is getting a good lube. As Jacobi would say just give it's bottom a little wipe and you are good to go!!!
Whoops! Not aimed at you, Stu, sorry if it was perceived. I didn't even read your review carefully enough to catch it. Yes, I agree that the power is more "balanced" now, good choice of words. I am going to source a spark arrestor so I am in compliance with this wonderful addition. I just need to sort my pilot and needle jetting at closed to 1/8 throttle and everything will be right where I want it.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:54 AM

I found myself slightly confused??? From my experience (mainly 4-stroke road racing) A longer silencer equalled better low/mid range power where a shorter one would increase top end. But from what I've read from here and other similar topics its seems to be the other way round
So I'm still not sure what to get. From reports the Cannon Rcaecraft seems a good option and the cheapest! But I can't find it available in the UK and they don't seem to have a website where I can contact them direct either?...