Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 PM

Thumbs up Talladega Tops Trails 3/9/14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4Px...ature=youtu.be

Had a good mix of different bikes on this ride....1 GG (me), 1 Beta, 1 Yamaha, 1 Kawasaki and 2 KTMs all 2 strokes. Perfect day for a tight ride.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Uggggh! So jealous of that trail. I can't touch something like that unless I'm on a mountain bike. Nice video.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Sweet

Great save at 4:40 into the video - I hate clipping a bar on a tree and then having the front go out from under me (been there, done that...lol).

That looks like great single track, weird to see everything so brown - we don't get the seasonal change like that out here...pretty much always green.

It looks like you have the camera mounted under your visor - what were you shooting with?

And how long did that trail go - seemed like a lot of miles

Watching your video makes it tough to wait for this coming weekend, can't wait to get out and ride now
Old 03-12-2014, 07:29 PM

That was shot with the Liquid Image goggles. That trail was probably close to 10 miles. There was probably 5 more I rode that day. There is great possibilities for that area. There is 2300 acres in there and they are planning on putting in some more trail.

As far as being so brown, in another month it will be so green and grown up that you won't recognize it.

That little save that you commented on....there were some planted flat rocks right in the apex of the turn and as soon as my front tire hit them it was like it was on ice, really surprised me and probably glad I wasn't going very fast.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4Px...ature=youtu.be

Had a good mix of different bikes on this ride....1 GG (me), 1 Beta, 1 Yamaha, 1 Kawasaki and 2 KTMs all 2 strokes. Perfect day for a tight ride.
Nice trail Alan. We need to pencil in a date to ride there!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Nice trail Alan. We need to pencil in a date to ride there!
Oh, I've got even better trails to take you on.....
Old 03-12-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Oh, I've got even better trails to take you on.....
Can't wait Alan. I'm going to stick close to home these next 2 weeks though. Our first grandson is due on the 23rd of March. Might be a good idea that I be home for that
Old 03-13-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
That little save that you commented on....there were some planted flat rocks right in the apex of the turn and as soon as my front tire hit them it was like it was on ice, really surprised me and probably glad I wasn't going very fast.
Ahh...nothing like adding a little excitement to the corner with slick rocks...lol.

Never been to your neck of the woods, but it looks like a fun place to ride. And that's so cool there's 2300 acres to "develop" - is it state land or how does it work in your area? Given the terrain in your video, I bet it has a ton of potential for outstanding single track!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:24 PM

Rod wrote:
Quote:
Can't wait Alan. I'm going to stick close to home these next 2 weeks though. Our first grandson is due on the 23rd of March. Might be a good idea that I be home for that
Yeah thats fine, there is a fun run next weekend at Perry Mtn. Whenever you come down, you're welcome to stay here, we have plenty of room and plenty of garage space. In fact if your wife wants to come down, the girls can go out on the town while we're riding. By the way, have you talked to Bill Patridge?

liv2day wrote:
Quote:
Never been to your neck of the woods, but it looks like a fun place to ride. And that's so cool there's 2300 acres to "develop" - is it state land or how does it work in your area? Given the terrain in your video, I bet it has a ton of potential for outstanding single track!
It was federal land and from what I understand, they turned it over to the towns of Talladega and Lincoln for multi use purposes. Costs $5 to get in and that is it....you could literally put an enduro together in that area.