Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 AM

Default Lectron Carb

As some of you may know I was fed up with having to keep a close eye on the air seal at the bell of my carb and air box, so I bought a new carb. I know there are other fixes, but I was also looking for a little better power at high and low RPM's and better fuel mileage.

I probably wouldn't have even considered getting a new carb if it wasn't for all of the talk about APT's Smart Carb. Strangely enough I didn't even know Lectron existed until it was brought up in the SC thread.

Anyway, I didn't want to wait until May 1 to get a SC, and after researching the Lectron and speaking to the owner of the company I was convinced that it's on par with the SC regarding performance and may have an advantage or two. I would feel much better about the SC if they had all of their bugs worked out, and there were reviews to back it up. Specifically, the cable fitting issues and the engine flooding. One of the selling points for me regarding the Lectron was that they set up the carb for my bike, riding conditions and type of racing. Before they shipped it they even put it on a dyno to make sure all was in good order. I also like the fact that it has vents so I don't have to worry about it flooding my bike any worse than a normal carb. Hey, it's worked for years so why change it? I know why, but I'll probably kill more trees by running in to them than leaking gas.

The good news; IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS GOING TO FIX MY FITMENT ISSUE! WOO, HOO! Its about 6.7 mm longer and the bell is about 2.8mm smaller in diameter, so it fits nice and snug now. I don't think I'll have to worry about the clamp coming off now.

The bad news; I had to modify my stock cable to give it more slack. It barely had enough slack with the stock carb, and since this one sits back a little further I had to reroute the cable slightly and cut off about 16mm of the cable housing to give me the slack I needed. It still just barely has enough, but it should work. All it cost me was a little time. Of course they have a cable that they'll sell you if you want to go that route.

I got the adjustable power jet so I won't have to take it apart to adjust the top end. Once the metering rod is set I shouldn't ever have to take the carb apart at all, and there is a good chance that the metering rod won't have to be touched to begin with since its been dialed in for my bike at the factory. The owner of Lectron, Kevin, said that once it's set the only thing I should ever have to adjust is the idle screw and that's if I have more than a 2,000 foot elevation change. That's something I don't have to worry about around here.

Unfortunately, I don't have a ride report yet. I still have a few other things to put back on the bike, and I've been down in the back today. Hopefully, I'll get a short ride on it before the end of the week. More to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1278.JPG (107.3 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1263.JPG (99.7 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1264.JPG (113.5 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1268.JPG (105.4 KB, 201 views)