Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:11 PM

Default 2000 EC300 clutch basket

anyone have a picture of the back of the clutch bascket also do they has cush drive on the back? ~

my bike had had a ratting sound for a while but goes when rev'd out of gear when in gear it pull's fine with no loss of power, only thing wrong is when the engine is at really low revs (any gear) there is a loud knocking noise till the revs build up then it goes away.... now latley the rattle on idle has become a deep knocking noice but the symtoms are the same, ive had the clutch out no signs of wear or even wear on the bascket fingers, been told by a few people they think the bike has cush drive on the back of the bascket (was told after i pulled out the clutch) but i didnt notice anything amiss when i had it out, any help on this would be great, dont really want to take it to a workshop as money is really tight at the mo so any repairs need to be done by me

Thanks
Mark

Old 12-25-2011, 06:51 PM

Hey mark my 2000 250 does the same I was told that it is just the fingers on the clutch basket rattling/vibrating.. Does the noise disappear when the clutch is pulled if so I was told its nothing to worry about
Old 12-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Pretty embarrassing thought isn't it? Sounds like a junker about to grenade.
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitist View Post
Hey mark my 2000 250 does the same I was told that it is just the fingers on the clutch basket rattling/vibrating.. Does the noise disappear when the clutch is pulled if so I was told its nothing to worry about
no the noise stays even if the clutch is in/out, this is louder than clutch finger rattling
Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgranger View Post
Pretty embarrassing thought isn't it? Sounds like a junker about to grenade.
bike aint that bad, had a few problems latley but all sorted apart from this
Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 AM

took it apart again today to try & find whats wrong with it, ive fond a few things im not sure about..... but the power valve is not stuck & is oporating correctly

power valve thing (not sure whats its called

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV8DH...3&feature=plcp

clutch basket seems to have vety slight compared to the gear on the back, rivits are all still inplace, when its off you can feel it move also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-AcO...2&feature=plcp

crank end float..... there is only side to side play no up or down movment... i had my fingers in the exhaust port to hold the piston & rocked the crank & felt no up or do paly on that either, but guessing im going to have to remove the cylinder to get a more accurate on it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw97c...1&feature=plcp
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Site Sponsor

that's probably too much play in the clutch cush drives.

the pv governor play is probably not your noise. the other end rides in a bearing too... i'd replace both bearings

the end float is significant enough that i'd get in there and take a look/replace crank bearings......

it is a 2000, if it's not been apart before, it may be time for the bottom end to be redone..

the knocking noise/vibration could also be motor mounts not tight....

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 12-28-2011, 01:00 PM

before i took the bike apart i checked a few things ove & i got one thing wrong the noise does stop when i pull the clutch in

yes its a 2000 300ec...... im sure the bottom end has been apart in the past but not sure whats been changed but i did take out the spark plug & spun the crank & bearings seems really smooth its just that side play i wasnt sure on, from what ive red about the cush drives that they can go from agresive clutch use & im forever flicking the clutch on hill climbs etc, just a habit i need to get out of but had to do it all the time on my CR250

all the mounts are tight, first thing i checked.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 PM

The dampers on that basket are shot for sure. With good ones in there would be no deflection at all. Could be a bitch to get them out and reuse the basket as the rivets that hold it together need to be drilled out.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
The dampers on that basket are shot for sure. With good ones in there would be no deflection at all. Could be a bitch to get them out and reuse the basket as the rivets that hold it together need to be drilled out.
i'll sort somthing to drill the rivits out, how much roughly are the cush drives to buy?