Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:45 PM

Oddly enough my rear wheel was binding as well. I ordered an aftermarket bearing kit from GoFasters.

Does anyone else's wheel spacer on the rotor side have a lip on it ('06 EC300)? Just making sure mine isn't mushroomed from being over-torqued. I grabbed a hardened sprocket side spacer from GoFasters but they didn't have the rotor side in stock so I want to be sure mine is OK....

Last edited by ECTim; 09-06-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECTim View Post
Oddly enough my rear wheel was binding as well. I ordered an aftermarket bearing kit from GoFasters.

Does anyone else's wheel spacer on the rotor side have a lip on it ('06 EC300)? Just making sure mine isn't mushroomed from being over-torqued. I grabbed a hardened sprocket side spacer from GoFasters but they didn't have the rotor side in stock so I want to be sure mine is OK....
Hey all,

just wanted to say, that both my rear wheels ain't binding anymore cz of the "new" washer! :-D
Thx to everyone who helped me

And yes ECTim, the two spacers I got have a lip too, even the new one ;-)

greetings from austria
muellersq
Old 09-06-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muellersq View Post
Hey all,

just wanted to say, that both my rear wheels ain't binding anymore cz of the "new" washer! :-D
Thx to everyone who helped me

And yes ECTim, the two spacers I got have a lip too, even the new one ;-)

greetings from austria
muellersq

Thanks.....is that lip on the end that seats into the seal or the outside that the axle enters through? Mine has a lipped edge on the inside (hub side) that is rather thin leading me to believe it is mushroomed a bit. Both of the outsides have an edge to them but it's pronounced and definitely how it should be. Only my rotor side has the lip on the inside.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:55 AM

I have changed everything in my back wheel and with the proper torque and still binds . I've even had the nut come loose. I just change bearings a couple time a summer and just keep riding
Old 09-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECTim View Post
Thanks.....is that lip on the end that seats into the seal or the outside that the axle enters through? Mine has a lipped edge on the inside (hub side) that is rather thin leading me to believe it is mushroomed a bit. Both of the outsides have an edge to them but it's pronounced and definitely how it should be. Only my rotor side has the lip on the inside.
The lip goes into the seal and thats what it is made for I think... If you are not sure, just buy a new one and use it. It doesn't cost much. I can make a photo of my new one tomorrow...
Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdcr50 View Post
I've even had the nut come loose. I just change bearings a couple time a summer and just keep riding
I don't know what u mean by "had the nut come loose"? Excuse me, I'm austrian ;-)

You mean, u change bearings a couple times a year? There must be something wrong...

Does it bind after being torqued? Do u use the right washer and the right bearings? Do u mount the bearings properly and is the inside of the hub in proper condition? The axle could have been overtorqued and is not straight anymore...
Old 09-07-2014, 05:23 PM

The lock nut ( that's what we call it in Canada) to the axle. I have changed everything axle spacers the washer that goes between 6004,6005 bearing. The wheel turns free but not as nice as the yamaha's I have.I buy skf bearings and repack them before I install. Most of the time I am riding in nasty terrain . I have never looked into the hub been damaged, it has always been that way since I got the bike. by the way the best bike I have ever owned
Old 09-07-2014, 10:41 PM

Make sure your axle is inserted on the brake side with the nut placed on the drive side. Also, your axle has a "pull" or nub on the end opposite the threads; make sure it isn't twisting up and hitting the frame when you tighten things down.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Also, some of the center spacers (aluminum ones) were known to have worn or swelled just enough to not properly space the bearings. Most replacements are steel as opposed to aluminum. R575700 is the GG part # for my 2010
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 09-08-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muellersq View Post
The lip goes into the seal and thats what it is made for I think... If you are not sure, just buy a new one and use it. It doesn't cost much. I can make a photo of my new one tomorrow...
That's what I was thinking too but wasn't sure. Go figure, the right side spacer is on back-order from Spain.

If you could post a pic of your new one that would be great. Much appreciated!