Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 PM

Default '10 EC 300 suspension observations at 20 hours

Hey guys I am just over 20 hours on my 10 300 with the Sachs/Sachs setup.

I started fiddling with the clickers a bit as the bike seemed to change in handling from when it was new. I feel the bike has gotten smoother but softer as well.

First, I ride a mixture of woods, with roots, rocks etc, hardpacked motocross, sand whoops, rock gardens, and pavement. I ask my bike to do it all.

I'll start with the fork: I kept the compression at 10 clicks out as standard, and played with the rebound a little, going from 7 out back to 9 clicks out as standard. The forks are at the 1st line on the upper triple clamp. I did not open them up. The forks seem to handle well on just about everything, with the only complaint being a quick hit at speed, they seem a tad harsh but they don't deflect.

The rear is what is a little concerning to me. The stock specs are 25 clicks out on rebound of 40 total. I counted only 31 clicks total. At 25, the rear feels good over choppy stuff but swaps like a mo fo over most jump faces, causing an unwanted whip. My buddies thought I was 'stylin on purpose.

If I turn in the rebound more, the bike tracks very straight however it slows down overall bike "turn in" at the start of cornering or directional changes. I have my sag set at 40 free/ 125 race sag. I tried the sag at 30/110mm but it seemed to make the bike jittery and nervous, it kept wanting to cut inside at mid corner and tuck so I went back to 125mm. My dealer Kirt recommened the 125 number also. I am 185 lbs in street clothing.

I went in one click on the high speed compression on the rear for 1 1/4 turns out from full in, and my low speed is set at 4 clicks out from full in. I was surprised that the low speed has only 8 clicks, the high speed had 20 total for 5 full turns.

I found that after riding a sand track the other week that I had ended up with the rear rebound all the way in at 0 clicks. That worked well in the sand but the bike required lots of effort to initiate a turn. Totally un-GasGas like.

Tonight after reinstalling my stock bars, I reset the rear rebound to 9 out like the front. Anyone have a '10 300 with the Sachs, and care to list what your clickers are?

Again all in one spot:
Front comp: 10 out
Front reb: 9 out

Rear LS comp: 4 out
Rear HS comp: 1 1/4 out (5 clicks)
Rear rebound: 9 out
Rear preload: 40/125mm