Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM

Default First ride in my new state (TN)

Moved to Nashville from Houston in October and finally got to take some time and go riding.

One of the guys at work is on the board for Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders and invited me out to a ride last weekend at Tumbling creek MX which is out in the sticks about 6 miles from Loretta Lynn's. There was a pretty good turn out as the weather had been mild and raining pretty constantly for the week prior to the ride. Even though it was in the mid 20's that morning we must have had about 50 bikes there. It was sunny and it ended up getting up to about 55 that day. I saw 3 gassers including myself, other than that it was pretty much a sea of orange bikes.

The trail we used was about 6 miles long and included about 1/4 of the MX track, which was also available for open lapping. The main feature of the day though was mud, lots and lots of mud, and with the big hills here it made for an interesting day. It seems like a cool place to ride. According to guys that had ridden there before there were a lot of trails that we weren't using that day. There were several gnarly climbs up out of valleys and as many slippery descents into those valleys. I wasn't riding very well that day and had to bypass one of the bigger hills after 3 failed attempts to get up it. Embarrassing...but I'll just chalk it up to me being rusty. The bike was fine and ran great in the cold though my tires are more worn out than i realized as traction was hard to find.

Overall it was a great ride and I met some cool guys in my new stomping ground.

Hopefully one of these days I can get back to TX and ride with gasgasman again though!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Right on Keith.

Might have to take a road trip to TN.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 PM

If you live in Nashville, you dont live that far from our fearless GG Dist, Clay Stuckey. He lives just outside of Nashville in Gallatin, TN.

I am sure that Clay can hook you up with some cool places to ride.