Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 11-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I saw a post long ago on thumpertalk on the tubeliss setup. The person weighed it and there is no actual advantage in weight relative to a tube.

?

So only real advantage is that you can run lower pressure without risking a pinch flat?

jeff

Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 AM

I'll stick with Mousses. They seem reliable and I don't seem to be lacking on grip compared to others racing near me on the tricky bits.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 AM

Question

The advantage of the tubeless system (if they are durable) would be the cost savings long term. I am not a racer so the I don't mind carrying a tubeless tire repair kit when I ride. As far as the weight goes was the tubeless system compared to a heavy duty tube and a rim lock? Another factor is the weight of the tubeless system is carried closer to the center of the wheel - would that make a noticeable difference in handling or acceleration?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well I decided to bite the bullet and buy a set of tire balls to run in my trials tire.
Not being a big fan of changing tires anyhow the installation of the tire on the rim was a little harder than shown in the video but only a couple of F- bombs could have been heard by the neighbors at 11 at night.

I usually run 8 to 10 psi in my trials tires but after playing around stacking the balls in the tire and squeezing it like it would be on the rim I lowered the air pressure to 1-1/2 to 2psi and stuffed 25 of them black eggs in there. The pressure might sound a little low but if you have one in your hand and squeeze it the pressure go's up pretty quick.

I rode 45 mi. the next day and the rear suspension response is much better then using the ultra heavy duty tubes from the reduced unsprung weight. The tire seams a little firmer than before but some of that could be from switching from the IRC tire to a Dunlop.

Well see how they hold up. I had 1300 mi. on my old set up.