Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Default So many questions, so few answers.

I am a new GasGas owner and new to this site as well. I have read most everything here and have noticed that many riders have asked questions on this site that have never been answered. After having my GasGas for only a month even I know the answers to most of these questions by now.

I would have posted this comment in the Suggestion Box section, but I noticed nothing new has been posted there for 2 months.

So without appearing to be scolding, I would like to reinforce the advantages of this site. It is the ultimate location for everything Gas Gas.

Let me also say that I also belong to the ThumperTalk site. It has a lot of activity but doesn't have much avail for the GG owner. However, one thing it does do to keep the activity up is when members log in and they have not posted anything for a couple of weeks a reminder pops up asking you to please post a question or an answer to a question.

I'm not suggesting we do that here, just the observation that this site needs more than reading. Sometimes a little more writing by the members would be nice.

Tony

Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Tony,

Welcome to GasGas and the site.

I find that I start writing replies and then delete them because after reflecting I decide that others may have a better answer and I may just confuse the issue. Sometimes it helps to just throw out a guess and sometimes it doesn't.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your future contributions!

I hope you love your GasGas because I know love mine.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:15 AM

Welcome to the GasGas riders club.

I reply when I have an answer that will add value and is based on reasonable experience/knowledge.

You will typically find most members do not just add a reply for the sake of replying when it does not add value. You will not find a lot of answers based on conjecture and unfounded opinion. I like it that way.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Let me also say that I also belong to the ThumperTalk site. It has a lot of activity but doesn't have much avail for the GG owner. However, one thing it does do to keep the activity up is when members log in and they have not posted anything for a couple of weeks a reminder pops up asking you to please post a question or an answer to a question.
I agree with Eric. Sometimes I will chime in with an opinion (such as now), other times I will throw in my 2 cents when I have previously searched for an answer for the same question but have found little help. But requiring members to post isn't necessarily helpfull if half of them are school age kids looking for help themselves. I am a 25 year journeyman mechanic. When I search TT it is quite obvious the expert answers aren't always from an expert. You don't seem to see that as much on this site.

But aside from that, welcome to the GG community!

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)