Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:48 PM

Default Yuba River Cross Country D-36

This race was a very nice change from the last race which was a mud fest.

The event was held at the E Street MX facility, in Marysville, Ca. The track is located right next to the Sacramento River. The course is 95% river sand and was very well grommed. The cross country sections was cut through a nice grove of trees and thick berry bushes, with the course running about 4 to 5 miles long. The C VETS, SENIORS, Super SENIORS and Sportsmans were first out for the morning.

I raced this course earlier in the spring, so I pretty much knew the MX sections. Being so sandy, keeping plenty of speed in the turns was a must, especially on my 200. I got off to a good start and used the first lap to get the course figured out. The tree grove sections proved to be really tight. I over shoot a turn and wound up in the berry vines, mixed up with some other type of tree / bush and triying to my bike out, ripped off the rear sections of my front fender. This sections of the course was one line and so I managed to cause a bit of a bottle neck, which no one could get around me, so I held my spot. The rest of the race was pretty much WFO trying to fend off those pesky 450's in the long sand runs.

My 200 ran strong all day for the 7 laps and I did not need to stop for gas.

I managed a 7th in class and 12th overall for the day. The last race for the fall series will be at Wilesyville, Ca Nov, 22

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals