Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Why would you expect a new bike from the ground up, with ALL the updates the consumer asked for...be less than anyone else?
Don't think we expected it (at least not myself) more like really,really, really hoping. Makes the decision all that much easier!

Old 06-02-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Why would you expect a new bike from the ground up, with ALL the updates the consumer asked for...be less than anyone else?
For starters I would say maybe to buy back some faith. I would say that a bike that will most likely have a crappy resale, at least until people grow to trust again would want to come to market at a price point that would draw people in to come see them. Not just gamble on the few that still believe.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:52 PM

I'd say for starters don't have flaky dealers, Just found out why the dealer that I contacted 6months ago (that didn't know anything about the bike and it was I that was keeping them in the loop) has the bikes sold to friends when they come in... Good and I'm back to buying a new KTM
Old 06-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
For starters I would say maybe to buy back some faith. I would say that a bike that will most likely have a crappy resale, at least until people grow to trust again would want to come to market at a price point that would draw people in to come see them. Not just gamble on the few that still believe.
So in order to buy back faith they should sell bikes with less profit margin so that they can financially rebuild a company so that you have faith?

Doesn't sound like much of a win to me for anyone. That would more likely just sink them. Remember those prices have not been confirmed by GGNA yet. I'll wait to see what they say before I believe anything

I'll buy another GasGas because of Torrot. Those people have passion and vision. I've looked into what they have done with other companies they own and have bought. Very smart business sense.
GasGas has a great future with Torrot. I don't need to see 10 years of future sales to trust that. I'll just look at what Torrot has done in the last decade.

I understand the general public may not be smart enough to see that. But maybe the general public should do some thinking and research.

Besides. I don't buy bikes for their resale value. I buy them because they make me smile. And GG makes me smile.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech51 View Post
I'd say for starters don't have flaky dealers, Just found out why the dealer that I contacted 6months ago (that didn't know anything about the bike and it was I that was keeping them in the loop) has the bikes sold to friends when they come in... Good and I'm back to buying a new KTM
Is there only one dealer in your country?
Old 06-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Price point

The price thing as I see it, is important to the brand, because if a loyalist like me (albeit I'm a frugal Sob) questions the price ,then what about the general public? If they don't get ordinary Joe interested then I see a long road ahead. I'm probably gonna buy one no matter what cause i've been a long time GG rider and I'm treating myself buying a new bike this year (first new one ever) and think the engine and handling were better than what I'd seen from the pumpkins. But I've been tempted by Beta and Sherco with their newer engine designs and they could be had for less $$$ than a ktm. As for magazine
reviews well I take em all with a grain of salt as we've seen the gassers bashed and the 300 pumpkin get rave reviews for years .Don't know how good the newer ones are but I rode the pds ones and thought they sucked compared to the gassers , but magazines loved em. So skeptical to say the least .I hope the new Gasser is great esp. since I'll probably own one. But its the old engine (which I love!) with an add on starter and not the latest technology bolted in a new chassis .I don't see how a non brand loyalist is going to jump ship to GG without incentive. I know it says 2018 but its a late model 17 to most people and you can buy everyone elses 17 model for generally less than $8500 bucks. Don't get me wrong I want one, but am not thrilled that I'd be paying more (I am a frugal sob) for an unknown entity out of brand loyalty ,than what I can buy a comparable bike for. And they are all comparably close to each other in my opinion . Apples to apples.
I want the brand to succeed and I don't see how being more expensive than the competition will help that. Anyway my 2 cents.
Stoby
Old 06-02-2017, 05:46 PM

Yes in the USA
Old 06-02-2017, 05:58 PM

Yes you are correct dealers have not received oder forms yet. But I was told that the ones they get will already have been spoken for.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I owe you a hat.
I actually kinda need a new hat! Does GG do Paypal over the internet for merch? Lol!

Brett (Bonjoes) is supposed to get me one but apparently he's too busy selling bikes to get a hat for a guy who rides like he belongs in a Women's C Class...

Last edited by CDN Rick; 06-02-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:09 AM

This is not so much a review; more like an onboard quick-take of the 2018. The riding starts at 1:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekg3vHzAgvM