Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 AM

I really think the factory should help on this one. It's a clear design flaw, and the alloy part is the second attempt at a fix, first being different plastic compound parts so I'm told. This is big $$ parts, and if you break the plastic subframe your out of riding for weeks. Unacceptable.

Why can Beta airfreight bikes and parts, while Mark has to hitch a ride on a freighter for a container? And cheaper too! Beta subframe was listed at something like 70 Euros. Ducati too for that matter, from Italy in days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 AM

I just emailed motocrosscenter the info and requested a quote. We'll see but I'm not getting too excited yet.

Question to my Euro and Oz friends: Are these parts std on the EC Race models in Europe, or were they available at a later date? Are they easily available in Europe or Oz? If the problem is the factory then we are screwed, if its our parts chain, then not as bad.

My wife will be in Italy next week, if these are available at an Itailian dealer or through the Itailin distributor, maybe she can bring one back.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Banned

I have a request in to Greenlandmx.com also. I'm tempted to send an email to GasGas Spain? I have before and they responded very well.

Last edited by desertgasser300; 05-11-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 AM

Clay is lucky to get a reply from Spain, much less us.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM

Another thing make sure you don't have a 12 subframe on your 13 which is what I have.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:14 PM

Yes, please keep us posted on the aluminum subframe and fitment with the US models. If it should break again that will be the route to go. After looking at it again this morning, the plastic design with all of the pressed in bolt/thread bushings (which were a bear to get out), and being separate pieces, is going to flex and potentially happen again. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Missing riding time waiting on parts for a new bike is dissapointing.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:23 PM

Extremely disappointing situation, even for us long time GG riders. I suspect that for a '12. a seat will be required as well. You got '12 parts on a '13? Unbelievable!

Technical term for subframe design is a cluster f$&@.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Clay is lucky to get a reply from Spain, much less us.

I guess I caught them on a good day. They responded to the problem I had very quickly.(the one I sent you a pic of)

Will see, i won't put in measure into it waiting for a response.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:34 PM

I found out when I broke a side panel and I ordered a 13 and it was quite different from what was on it. This being my first gg I am pretty sure it will be my last as well
Old 05-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Banned

I'm trying to keep in mind these are a few of the teething problems with a totally re-designed chassis. I'm just trying to stay positive and that with the new investors the R&D will only get better?