Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
I put the t3 on man is it slick from the gasgas 1 1/2" longer cable motion pro makes. I wouldn't waste my money on it and go with the ktm t3.
Trevor: What did you just say here? Go with the +1 1/2" GasGas non T3 or buy the KTM T3? Part numbers help

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 PM

Sorry bro I'll clarify I took the stocker off yesterday and put the 1 1/2" longer motion pro on and I have raised bars. The only way I could get it idoling was taking the adjuster nut off both the carb and throttle to achieve any slack to let the slide down. I bought the ktm t3 and man what a slick cable, not only does it have threaded ends(no safety ties) but it fits better than the gasgas 1 1/2". The problem for me with the gasgas cable is that yes they make it 1 1/2" longer but theyake the housing for the cable longer too so there is not enough cable exposed. Buy the ktm t3 it really worked out well for me and is of much higher grade than the 1 1/2" longer cable! Part #10-3000
Old 09-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry bro I'll clarify I took the stocker off yesterday and put the 1 1/2" longer motion pro on and I have raised bars. The only way I could get it idoling was taking the adjuster nut off both the carb and throttle to achieve any slack to let the slide down. I bought the ktm t3 and man what a slick cable, not only does it have threaded ends(no safety ties) but it fits better than the gasgas 1 1/2". The problem for me with the gasgas cable is that yes they make it 1 1/2" longer but theyake the housing for the cable longer too so there is not enough cable exposed. Buy the ktm t3 it really worked out well for me and is of much higher grade than the 1 1/2" longer cable! Part #10-3000
Thats my findings too. Purchased the GG specific extra length and it ended up being that I had to cut the actual other sleeve back to get enough length to let the slide drop closed. I then put the T3 (will try get part number when I'm home). Its a snug fit under the tank, but so was the stocker. Love the captive ends. Like I said earlier though. Watch out for water entering from the top past the rubber seal. I managed to fill my slide up after washing it the first time.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 PM

Jake how would water get in to the slide when it's a threaded end on top of the carb? I wouldn't even think the rubber boot is of that much importance.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

I've got no idea trev. But how would water get in the top of the slide and no where else. Only happening after changing the cable. And never happening once adding some sealant and tie wire?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Hmmm I'll have to watch when I wash my bike today then, cause I just put the t3 on, I'll take the slide out and see if I can force water through the threaded fitti to make sure mine isn't alowing water through. Super nice not to have to safety wire though with threaded fittings on both ends!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
I put the KTM cable on my 300 last week and it works flawlessly. I can't figure how you are getting water in thru the cable connection unless you are using a pressure washer to clean your bike....
Old 09-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

No pressure cleaners at this end. Will have to double check things myself too. Got me puzzled.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM

There is no problem with the length of the GG specific cable. Look closely at the anchor on the carb side of the cable. Its a bit larger than the OEM cable, and if there is the slightest imperfection, it will not fit correctly and pull to the top of the needle retainer in the slide. This will make the cable appear short. Clean this up with a fine file if neccessary, but be careful not to nick the actual cable strands. Verify fit and all should be well.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
There is no problem with the length of the GG specific cable. Look closely at the anchor on the carb side of the cable. Its a bit larger than the OEM cable, and if there is the slightest imperfection, it will not fit correctly and pull to the top of the needle retainer in the slide. This will make the cable appear short. Clean this up with a fine file if neccessary, but be careful not to nick the actual cable strands. Verify fit and all should be well.
I had to upgrade as the stock cable was too short after fitting KTM PHDS handlebar system. Turning right would give me quite a fright (from the unexpected acceleration).
2011 Husaberg FE390 - OLD STEED
2010 Yamaha WR250F - OLD STEED
#53B

I dream of a better tomorrow, where Chickens can cross the road, and not be questioned about their intentions.