Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 12-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for all the replies. I'll definitely be posting up a ride report, but I'm expecting it will likely be at least a week or more before I take it in the dirt.

The whole purchase was very spontanious/implusive, and I'm interested to see how well I gel with this bike. It was a run out deal (last one in Aus) and I got it for the right price with the 2014 stock just arriving (300R+E-start only).

The 2010 has had many hours racked up and most used developing or improving what was already a great machine out of the crate. I'm excited to see how the 48mm Marzocchis stack up against the TTX cartridges. The 888 shock will likely require some internal changes. I know my old 888 doesnt compare to my TTX stock for stock, and since revalving the TTX its easily the best I've ridden. That will keep me busy!

I'll also have everything from the old bike here so I'll likely end up transferring some parts back and forwards to evaluate whats suspension/engine and whats chasis. Factory race team time.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

another year of research coming up!

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 12-02-2013, 02:29 PM

Congrats and I too look forward to reading your ride report. Enjoy
Old 12-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I can see Jake's post count hitting 6k soon.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:07 PM

Congratulations!!!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

WOW!! Nice ride.
Onward through the jetting fog.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:13 PM

Very nice Jake, i think you'll like the new 48mm Zokes - and hate that rear brake lever (tho it looks like there is a solution for that now).

If u need indicators for the rear still, u can get tiny LEDs that glue onto the mini rear fender thats left once u rip all the crap off the back - they work well, and may require re-glueing once a season.

Do you know anyone in OZ that is familiar with the new 48mm's? I hear Costanzo Racing is good with the old ones - 50mm.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

I've just stripped the lighting all except the brake light and headlight. I'm happy with that.

I don't think she'll need much in the way of jetting, but I have just about every needle I'd ever need available so should be quick and painless. Still not sure which bike to test the Smart Carbs latest updates on.

I'm going to be servicing and revalving the forks and/or shock myself. Are any tools required for cracking the inner cart? Do we have any cross overs for seals and bushings yet?

David at Suspension Matters has set up a set on a 2013 300R, and is closest to me. I think a Wence and Nato have had theirs done by Terry Hay at Shock treatment too. Steve (twowheels) on here also has a good understanding of these internally. Should be able to get them working better than stock without too much fuss.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I don't think she'll need much in the way of jetting, but I have just about every needle I'd ever need available so should be quick and painless. Still not sure which bike to test the Smart Carbs latest updates on.
I'd vote for the '10. The carb is just so much more accessible if you're going to be doing much in and out work. Then again, if it's only metering rod clicks, why not try it on your new bike ...
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I've just stripped the lighting all except the brake light and headlight. I'm happy with that.

I'm going to be servicing and revalving the forks and/or shock myself. Are any tools required for cracking the inner cart? Do we have any cross overs for seals and bushings yet?

David at Suspension Matters has set up a set on a 2013 300R, and is closest to me. I think a Wence and Nato have had theirs done by Terry Hay at Shock treatment too. Steve (twowheels) on here also has a good understanding of these internally. Should be able to get them working better than stock without too much fuss.

Yep terry hay revalved mine jake and I am extremely happy with it. But I am going up on the spring rate next service. I look forward to hearing how you go with the 888 rear as I changed the spring on it and left the valving alone and im really happy with it. Though in saying that I can only judge it on what I have tried.