Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:15 PM

Red face parts and bikes

I guess I'm in pretty good shape, we've got a 2000, 2012, 2013 250's in our stable and the oldest one is still pretty good, though I did wear out the sub frame from my boots rubbing through it. I think it'll all work out in the end.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler View Post
I think I will hold on and not jump ship until we get something from Rod or Mark NOT Facebook dam this is getting old
The guy who started that facebook page has a gasgasmotos.es email address so im betting the info is good. The exchange of news and information has changed, some folks adapt others dont.

Personally ive been disappointed with the way ggna has dealt with this. I feel for rod and mark, but they could have been less vauge and more forthright about the situation. Things were handled much better on the trials side imo.

Im not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking from ggna, but would love to be surprised.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
The guy who started that facebook page has a gasgasmotos.es email address so im betting the info is good. The exchange of news and information has changed, some folks adapt others dont.

Personally ive been disappointed with the way ggna has dealt with this. I feel for rod and mark, but they could have been less vauge and more forthright about the situation. Things were handled much better on the trials side imo.

Im not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking from ggna, but would love to be surprised.
PM sent.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Thats funny as hell over on trials central its 15 pages of the same internet BULLSHIT

Its a legal thing lawyers like it that way when they are dealing with that kind of money

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 07-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

It's very easy to point the finger and say we want to know more.. we want to know more. But I think you'll find in the current state of affairs no one really knows more than what has been told.

The factory isn't producing.
Spares are still operating to a limited extent.
Several investors are watching (and waiting).

At a national level importers/distributers see this as a necessary evil. They may know a little more regarding specifics around figures and investors but that doesn't mean we need to know. If things pan out it will put them in a better position, if not the ship sinks. Stressful much?
At a dealer level, they know very little than the rest of us.

Why stress over it? Enough people already are. The world is full of life cycles. Either things will rebirth and the cycle of cycles will continue, or we'll say our thanks and treasure the moments we had. No use turning ourselves greyer/balder over it.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
It's very easy to point the finger and say we want to know more.. we want to know more. But I think you'll find in the current state of affairs no one really knows more than what has been told.

At a national level importers/distributers see this as a necessary evil. They may know a little more regarding specifics around figures and investors but that doesn't mean we need to know. If things pan out it will put them in a better position, if not the ship sinks. Stressful much?

Why stress over it? Enough people already are. The world is full of life cycles. Either things will rebirth and the cycle of cycles will continue, or we'll say our thanks and treasure the moments we had. No use turning ourselves greyer/balder over it.
I knew it wasnt going to be a popular post and im 100% in agreement with what you said. Even just a "things didnt go the way we liked but here is what we are doing to keep riders and racers going..." counts for a lot.

Gguk did just that on their official website. (Which I first saw on a trials site)

http://www.gasgasuk.com/gas-gas-uk-ltd-official-update/

If ggna has even publicly or officially acknowledged the liquidation I missed it. Having to scour blogs and translate statements written in other languages due to it being the only info being available does not instill consumer confidence.

This is my opinion as to what id like to see and im not accusing anyone of anything. People are free to disagree and call me out or whatever.

I love my bike and am about to drop major coin to freshen it up for the next 200 hours. It was the first new bike I bought but it wont be the last, and the more choices the better imo.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post

Fantastic post. A very rational and healthy way to approach this situation.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:17 PM

Liquidation was always the end game for the cat and mouse game the administration was playing. The purpose of all of this was liquidation. It is like a motorbike wreck, "keep riding until you hit the ground". You keep riding in hopes that you lessen the damage or you pull it out in the last second. Now they get to shed their debt and the new owner isn't responsible for the bills. They essentially pay a percentage of the debt, they call it a deal, and the new owner takes ownership of the mill.

In my mind this is a good thing. We finally got to the point where the brand can be sold and rebuilt. The admin makes out like a bandit because they get to thin the work force without being the bad guy. The workers union cannot say shit because the company is liquidated. The union becomes a debtor that only gets a percentage of what they are owed. All the contracts get to be renegotiated and if the union doesn't like it they can swing on "these" (grabbing my crotch).

Bada boom bada bing. Six months later a profitable company springs up with all the gas gas tech and this is just a lot of panic for nothing.

I just wish we would have crowd sourced a couple of million dollars to bring production to the US.

I just wish it would have happened faster.

I bet they only miss out on 2016 for production.

Edit: This could have been in the works since Gas Gas picked up the old husky tech.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
GGMNA is not obligated to post business transactions here. And, for obvious reasons they really can't.

Did KTM post up on CafeHusky when they were buying Husqvarna?
Did Suzuki get on the Suzuki forums and post up about them not building bikes a few years ago?
Did GM go on the bowtie forums and say they were getting a Gov't bail out?

We are VERY VERY fortunate that Rod and Mark can contribute to these forums.
Let's give them their due respect.

Just my $0.02
Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
GGMNA is not obligated to post business transactions here. And, for obvious reasons they really can't.

Did KTM post up on CafeHusky when they were buying Husqvarna?
Did Suzuki get on the Suzuki forums and post up about them not building bikes a few years ago?
Did GM go on the bowtie forums and say they were getting a Gov't bail out?

We are VERY VERY fortunate that Rod and Mark can contribute to these forums.
Let's give them their due respect.

Just my $0.02
I don't think Vx is specifically asking for everything to be publicised on the forum. From what I have read they are more along the lines of official news released from the horses mouth, via official means (website), and that chasing the topic here is a secondary, unnecessary, method.