Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default What to expect from Ohlins TTX ?

Does anyone know or have any experience with the Ohlins TTX forks or shock . My Nambotin is on it way , and im looking forward to the suspension upgrade from my 09 EC300, but am curious as to what i should expect. Will the forks be firm like the Sach's or plush like the Zoke's were on my 06 EC300 , the reading im finding is they will be very predictable and progressive in feel , with consistent fluid transfer. Now , what does this mean for a rider like myself who doesn't race , but does bully his way through the bush cause at times his skill at picking a line lets him down and therefore takes the hard way through. The Zoke's worked well for me most of the time but did have their limits. The Sachs has performed ok for me with no issues but are stiffer for sure , and therefore maybe a bit tiring on a long ride. The back end has been the place ive seen the littlest difference between the Sachs and Ohlins from my 06 , to be honest i think the Sachs is good at what it does back there
Just looking for some opinions and maybe this is a good place to start a Ohlins TTX thread as within 3 or 4 weeks these Namby TTX bikes will be in the owners hands and im sure we will all chime in on the feel of this suspension

Steve

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Old 05-26-2010, 09:07 AM

Well there is really no way to know until you get it and ride a bit. It is a Nambotin replica so that would have me a bit (allot) concerned right off the bat so strike 1, and Gas Gas has been really off the last few years with their stock suspension settings so strike 2.

Reading over on KTM Talk about the TTX F/B is they all need to be revalved for off road use so possibly strike 3.

Nice quality stuff with great adjustability but you'll just have to wait until you get the bike or find a test writeup from across the pond where they may have them already.

If they do need to be revalved I would want to make sure the tuner is up to speed with the TTX stuff and has worked with them extensively. Probably few and far between at this point.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:29 AM

Yeah, I think your in uncharted territory. I would have to agree with Skidad that if that bike is truely a replica, it has to have some seriously stiff fast guy settings. All bikes need to be revalved to get the most from them, or even be the most confident on them which develops speed. Its just that some are closer than others stock and some have other limiting design issues.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:18 PM

coppersmith .. or is it coopersmith???
down south, NC maybe does alot of ohlins tuning
Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Site Sponsor

coppersmith is in ohio i think.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-26-2010, 03:40 PM

http://ohlinsmx.com/

correct
Old 05-26-2010, 06:14 PM

My experience with Ohlins suspension is the clickers offer way better adjustability than most other forks and shocks and it's rare to need a revalve. Get the right springs and I bet you can do all the tuning you'll ever need with the external adjusters on the components.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:54 AM

If its got shims it can be screwed up by bad settings. I had a Cannondale E440 with Ohlins, that had Pro Action developed OEM valving. It was the absolute worst thing I ever rode stock, just about unridable in the rocks. Les straightened it out and was shocked at the crazy stiff stock valving.

The new stuff may have more range of adjustment but no one will ever convince me that a one size fits all setup exists.