Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:04 AM

Default Gas gas EC 300, 2018 MY2019 HP

Hey guys! I just want to buy demo version of Gas Gas EC 300, 15mth. I sam papers and there is the thing with the power of motorcycle. Here in Poland (maybe in other countries too) it has to Face Euro 4 emissions and dealer saod that moto is blocked for homologation to 6,15 kW. I will get it fully unblocked, but how much horsepower does it have ? Sorry if that q is stupid but i was little scared when i saw 6,15 kW. Thanks !

Old 06-30-2019, 05:21 AM

I would guess around 52-55hp compared to others I have dynoed
Old 06-30-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosiczek View Post
I was little scared when i saw 6,15 kW. Thanks !
Surely there must be some confusion. It should be somewhere around 40 kW.

Maybe your dealer has already done the work for you and the bike is already full power?

Did you notice what carburetor was on the bike? Was it a Keihin PWK38? I read somewhere that some bikes are leaving the factory with a Del 'Orto carb to meet Euro 4 Emissions but are also supplied with a Keihin PWK38 included in the price.

What colour is the expansion chamber? Is it painted black or chrome?

Did it have any weird pipework coming out of the expansion chamber like this one?...

GG.jpg

I read this, but unfortunately I don't what country this model was for...

"A new cylinder and cylinder head, creating what Gas Gas call new thermodynamics (they supply no specifics on this), have created a sizeable boost to the power and torque, right through the rev range. The EC250 now steps up from just over 40 to a full 50hp, while the EC300 has jumped 10hp from 45 to 55hp ? those are big gains.

We should note (and this is consistent across the industry) that this performance only comes in derestricted (closed course competition) set-up. To meet the stringent Euro 4 emission regulations the EC will leave the factory with a diminutive Del ?Orto carburetor, a full-on plumber?s nightmare of emissions paraphernalia plus a strangling exhaust pipe ? a bunch of expensive stuff that?s all destined for immediate disposal. Yeah, sometimes bureaucracy is hypocrisy... Full power comes with the fitting of the ubiquitous Keihin PWK38 carb (you?ll be supplied one on purchase of the machine) and the FMF expansion chamber. The XC model sidesteps all such issues and is full power from the get-go."

Last edited by Davehuge; 06-30-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
Surely there must be some confusion. It should be somewhere around 40 kW.

Maybe your dealer has already done the work for you and the bike is already full power?

Did you notice what carburetor was on the bike? Was it a Keihin PWK38? I read somewhere that some bikes are leaving the factory with a Del 'Orto carb to meet Euro 4 Emissions but are also supplied with a Keihin PWK38 included in the price.

What colour is the expansion chamber? Is it painted black or chrome?

Did it have any weird pipework coming out of the expansion chamber like this one?...

Attachment 8294

I read this, but unfortunately I don't what country this model was for...

"A new cylinder and cylinder head, creating what Gas Gas call new thermodynamics (they supply no specifics on this), have created a sizeable boost to the power and torque, right through the rev range. The EC250 now steps up from just over 40 to a full 50hp, while the EC300 has jumped 10hp from 45 to 55hp ? those are big gains.

We should note (and this is consistent across the industry) that this performance only comes in derestricted (closed course competition) set-up. To meet the stringent Euro 4 emission regulations the EC will leave the factory with a diminutive Del ?Orto carburetor, a full-on plumber?s nightmare of emissions paraphernalia plus a strangling exhaust pipe ? a bunch of expensive stuff that?s all destined for immediate disposal. Yeah, sometimes bureaucracy is hypocrisy... Full power comes with the fitting of the ubiquitous Keihin PWK38 carb (you?ll be supplied one on purchase of the machine) and the FMF expansion chamber. The XC model sidesteps all such issues and is full power from the get-go."
He said that it will be unblocked, keihin, two expansion chamber, but chrome will be mounted, as he said it should have full power, but he send me papers for leasing etc, and when i saw 6 kW, i was scared... i am 183cm and 105kg weight, and never been riding gas gas, last time it was Honda cr 125 1999r, maybe 10 years ago😂
Old 06-30-2019, 10:45 AM

I'm sure you will love your new Gas Gas!

Have fun!

All the best, Dave.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Have you had a good look at the emissions control system? I have the lil dellorto carb here. I should post a pic. It's worth a laugh!
Old 06-30-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Have you had a good look at the emissions control system? I have the lil dellorto carb here. I should post a pic. It's worth a laugh!
So what diameter is it?
Old 06-30-2019, 07:46 PM

I've got mine too, fit for a scooter if that
Old 06-30-2019, 08:22 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosiczek View Post
Hey guys! I just want to buy demo version of Gas Gas EC 300, 15mth. I sam papers and there is the thing with the power of motorcycle. Here in Poland (maybe in other countries too) it has to Face Euro 4 emissions and dealer saod that moto is blocked for homologation to 6,15 kW. I will get it fully unblocked, but how much horsepower does it have ? Sorry if that q is stupid but i was little scared when i saw 6,15 kW. Thanks !
Are you concerned about whether it will be too powerful for you to control? If so, just don’t twist the right handlebar grip too quickly and you’ll be fine!

These bikes put out power that comes on fairly smoothly; just ride a gear high and lug the engine until you get used to it. You can also change the power characteristics of the engine by changing the carburetor jetting (especially the needle).

It’s a great bike, enjoy!

Jeff
Old 06-30-2019, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
So what diameter is it?
21mm carb.. fed by a restrictor plate in the intake (single 30mm intake, with a around 4 x 12mm holes in another section). Output is choked by cat convertor in the pipe.

Tags
2018, ec300