Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Default fork preload

Playing with the preload on my 06 zoke 45's. The preload tube in mine is a lightweight plastic tube. It does not look like something you will find in a hardware store. I'd rather cut a new tube to size than cut down the existing one. I'm wondering if pvc would be ok. the existing tube wall isn't as thick a regular pvc. don't want to drop a pvc tube down there and find out later that the thicker sidewall is blocking some little bleed hole or something.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Question

Just curouis because I don't know about the Zokes?? is there a pre load meas. you did on the forks prior to wanting to mess with them? The rear shock is pretty clear to me on preload and sag but whats up with the front. I've got an 06 also and I set up the rear and just want to know if theres a sag measurement for the front forks. The front seems perfect but I like to tinker or at least know whats going on. Sorry I'm not trying to high-jack your thread but since your messing with it I thought you might know.
Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM

mine have been revalved. I'm playing with the preload a bit to see how it works. Don't know how you find 0 preload. I believe you do it when you have the forks somewhat apart. I'm just going to cut some new spacers a few mm shorter than my existing spacers.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

remove the fork cap , collapse the fork and extend the damper rod. your preload is the differance of the spring lenth, from the fork cap bottomed out on the damper rod threads, to where it just starts to make contact on the spring as your turning it in from (Loose). Make sense? F.W.I.W.I like to run 2 mm preload. edit ,make sure your clickers are turned full out , counterclockwise before loosening the fork cap.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
make sure your clickers are turned full out , counterclockwise before loosening the fork cap.
I did not do that... when taking the caps on or off
Is that a bad thing
Old 10-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

No need to worry .I dont know about the zokes, but on a lot of forks the rebound adjuster is the knob on the top of the fork that turns a needle in the fork cap in or out, kinda like setting the idle on your carb, this needle pushes the rebound tube down when you turn it clockwise.If you turn it counterclockwise the needle recedes into the cap. Its just good insurance to have the needle receded when putting the cap back on as there is less risk of misalinging the needle and rod
Old 10-16-2007, 05:57 AM

Its still a good idea to do this, but I have not had a problem with the Zokes. The WPs will likely unscrew the needle in the cap from the adjuster if you don't do this