Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
The problem you describe doesn't sound like a pilot jet at all. When you say it seems rich when revving, are you just whacking the throttle open sitting still or are you riding? Does it idle ok? How does it run at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle?

If the bike is idling ok with the AS set at 1.5 then your pilot jet is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thankyou Memphis I didn't think about that! yes the idle is ok so maybe my problem lies elsewhere, the last time I rode it was again at a track where it hardly ever needed WOT and when I did it didn't want to rev like it needed to clear its throat, I got a fair bit of spooge coming out even from idling on the drive which is why I presumed its rich which seems strange when the needle is on clip position 1?
I know it needs to be ridden to test not just revving in the garage, but at one point when on the drive it was idling but as soon as try to do anything with the throttle it wanted to die,

What I don't think helps is I have recently been ridding a friends kx125 and the jetting on that is so crisp but I just cant seem to get that with the gasser

Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 AM

well it was a happy(ish) ending

race was yesterday bike wouldn't start off the line initially got it going managed about 1/2 mile of rough running and it cut out completely, took an hour to get it back to the pits where I found a bit of dirt had become wedged in the spark plug! I guess this had been blocking or partially blocking a jet, once this was removed bike started first kick and I got on with the race for the remaining hour and a half! hard going but the bike then ran fine! although I think I will be playing with needles but at least I know the bike works!
Old 01-30-2017, 03:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsimon View Post
well it was a happy(ish) ending

race was yesterday bike wouldn't start off the line initially got it going managed about 1/2 mile of rough running and it cut out completely, took an hour to get it back to the pits where I found a bit of dirt had become wedged in the spark plug! I guess this had been blocking or partially blocking a jet, once this was removed bike started first kick and I got on with the race for the remaining hour and a half! hard going but the bike then ran fine! although I think I will be playing with needles but at least I know the bike works!
Good news. Even if the race was no immediate success, at least you know why it didn't run as it should have, and I'm happy to hear that it runs OK now.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 01-30-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Good news. Even if the race was no immediate success, at least you know why it didn't run as it should have, and I'm happy to hear that it runs OK now.
Thank you! im definitely pulling the carb and giving it a proper good clean!
Old 01-30-2017, 07:07 AM

From what I have been reading, it seems like gasgas comes pretty rich from factory using the 180 mj. Most riders use 170 to 178mj jmo. my ec300 runs good with 175 mj and 42pilot.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Administrator

just a comment that if you switch from n1ef to another better needle you will need to reset your idle screw - back it out.

And fyi - with the carb that comes on your bike - going up to 2 1/4 out on air screw is fine..

Trick is to get the crappy n1ef needle out and get the idle screw turned down so it isn't pulling over and idle circuit is well separated and effective again.

jeff