Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:35 AM

Default Stimilon early bird savings end midnight EST - plus funny video

If you missed this year's invite, it's worth watching even if you have
no intention of attending. (Not safe for sensitive work environments or impressionable youths)

http://vimeo.com/34417250

Please help fill up headlight class this year.
This just in from Davo:

Friends

This is just a courtesy reminder to take advantage of the early, early
season discount and sign up for the Stimilon Motocross Challenge
today. The next pricing tier goes into effect at midnight tonight.

Dozens have already taken advantage of the early season discount.
However, we understand the need to maximize your savings account
interest at .05%, so pre registration will remain open until May just
like last year - as long as your class doesnt sell out...

Save money, come play and have the time of your life!
May 25-27
MX 338
Southwick, MA
http://www.stimilon.com/smc/index.php

Enjoy your weekend

davo

--
David Olcott
d...@stimilon.com
www.mastersofmini.com
www.stimilon.com

Stimilon
Events for those who want to have fun

Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 AM

If you like sand, come down on March 18, 2012 and ride the Sandy Lane Enduro, 75th anniversary run. I'll be there, maybe Cruiser, and a fair number of NETRA boys show up. To be honest I'm not much of an MX guy, switched to woods a long time ago. I used to race MX when the tracks were more natural, I guess what is considered vintage now.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 PM

Yes, I love riding sand, even though it's rough on the bike (literally).

Just between you and me, what I really have an urge to do is mount a paddle tire and freeride on some epic dunes. I'm not sure there's much (legal)dune action remaining east of the Mississippi. It sure would be fun to find some of that.

Planning a little Southern Junket end of Feb and beginning of March, with a few days at Durhamtown Plantation (GA) as the southern terminus.

Sandy Lane might be a good way to get more sand practice, albeit a different flavor.
I don't know crap about enduro timing except that I will not be burning any checks and would probably hour out. LOL

Recently at the pub, I was heard saying (unless I was talking to myself) that I'd rather go ride in the woods, but I'd rather race on a track. I like 8/10 in the woods, where on the track I can go 9.5. And I've never been fast. I'm just out there trying to do better than I did the last time, riding a track that's not always easy to access.

I'm a woods rider at heart. But, ironically, the woods get farther and farther away. Tracks became easy. And things are also driven by the buddies who are willing to go ride. My problem is that I like everything. I scoffed at circle tracks until I spent a while on a tiny dirt oval with my friends. OMG so much fun.

One of my favorite compliments I bore people with about my GasGas is that it's a Swiss Army Knife. It does a lot of different jobs quite well.

Southwick is still, despite huge changes some years back, a pretty old school layout. I can't think of any jumps I'm supposed to be doubling. There are some big tables that the pros clear. It's really just perfect deep sand all the way around. Nice place to hold a 300 WFO for a while. And there's something pretty exciting about taking that gate. It's cool to ride a track and then see the best in the world ride there. My one-liner from last year was "oh, I see what I'm doing wrong. I just need to be a little more agressive." I crack myself up.

Anyway, it's a big party with a bunch of racing and riding mixed in. It's that kind of thing. Worth a trip from anywhere. And I think it's so cool that he has always provided a class for enduro bikes; Headlight Class. Grass roots racing at its best, IMHO.