Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:17 AM

Default 07 aftermarket issues?

Hi all! I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger on an 07 300. It looks
like there is some changes to the o7's. I will be getting radiator gaurds
and a carbon pipe gaurd. Most of the sites are still listing up to 06 models.
Has anyone with an 07 had any issues with aftermarket goodies fitting 07's?
I know the large fuel tanks don't work which is dissapointing but I'll just have
to pit stop like everyone else. Also will a scotts bolt on tower work with my
gpr stabalizer thanks.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM

Default aftermarket parts

Everything I had on my 05 300 worked on my 07.Bolt on tower ,fatty carbon guard worked on the gasgas pipe/jet kit/powervalve cover/.Tracy
Old 02-23-2007, 09:36 AM

Default 07 300

I put my money down on the 07 300, waiting for them to come in. What ever happened to the guy who got his 6 weeks ago and was going to let us know how he liked the sachs rear shock? would it be a good idea to swap out my olihn from my 06 300 before I sell it? any coments on skid plates for the 07? I go thru 2 flatlands per year and allways have trouble with the brackets about 12 per year. Tried the Hyde plastic and the fit is awsome but the btm is way to slippery! Is the crd very strong? and how is the fit? Aloha Tom
Old 02-23-2007, 01:02 PM

CRD is a thin joke of a plate. If you go through Flatland plates the CRD won't make it out of your truck! I planned on getting a hyde for whatever bike I get next. Why is being slippery an issue?

When did they tell you your 300 would come in? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:04 PM

The dealer I talked to said he has a 300 w/ohlins now and a 300 w/sachs
comeing. The 300w/ohlins will be his demo but if I want it it's mine.
I told him I'll take the sachs when it comes in. For $300 I can re-valve
both ends.

Tracy are you using a scotts or gpr?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I planned on getting a hyde for whatever bike I get next. Why is being slippery an issue?

Lets say your going over a good size log and the skid plate lands on the log and the front or back tire is off the ground or worse both wheels are off the ground. Now lets say the log is not dead level across the trail but more or less sloping. The slippery skid plate can make the bike slide out from under you or do other weird things riders are not use to or expecting. Someone screwed up a shoulder because of an unexpected get off.

That said I still plan on getting one. Just have to keep in mind that high siding on the skid plate can be hairy
Old 02-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Default 07 300

Im running a Scotts.The tower is a bolt on which came off my 05.If Im not mistaken,the GPR has to have the bar perch in the lower position on the triple clamp.The Scott will only work in the upper position.Some one correct me if Im wrong on this.I have the Sachs rear shock on mine.Both my 03 and 05 had the Olins rear.I'll have to say I really like the Sachs.Totally satisified with the rear suspension.Tracy
Old 02-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
Lets say your going over a good size log and the skid plate lands on the log and the front or back tire is off the ground or worse both wheels are off the ground. Now lets say the log is not dead level across the trail but more or less sloping. The slippery skid plate can make the bike slide out from under you or do other weird things riders are not use to or expecting. Someone screwed up a shoulder because of an unexpected get off.

That said I still plan on getting one. Just have to keep in mind that high siding on the skid plate can be hairy
Sounds like a good enhancement to the hyde plate for better log crossing would be to have them modify it so that it has "scales" across the bottom like a trials skid plate has...

jeff
Old 02-24-2007, 12:22 PM

A few small, hardened screws with fender washers should solve that problem.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 AM

Default hyde skid plate

Thanks too whoever had the idea to put a couple screws into the btm of the plate. The other problem is when your pipe gets bent back it burns a hole in the skid plate. On the good side I think haveing the skid plate there helps the pipe not burn a hole in the radiator hose as soon as it would without the hyde plate. About the skid plate being slippery you should try grinding on a half pipe with a skateboard this is what log crossings are like (3 broken ribs latter). My dealer thinks GasGas will have the 07 300's in soon is all he says. Does anyone know? thanks Tom